Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1189|Reply: 35
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-10-14 09:22
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello my happy stitching friends! I hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend and are ready to make this next week a great week full of smiles, laughter and happiness! :D

Today marks week 7 in our Crochet Along! Can you believe it?! WEEK 7 ALREADY!!! Everyone has been doing such an amazing job with this project! All the colors and styles are so beautiful! And now we really get to have some fun!!! This week we get to design our beautiful butterflies and sew them together!!! From what I see it looks like many of us are ready to start this next big step so here we go! YAY!

I attached some other pictures I found of other designs to help encourage your ideas for designing these beauties! Thank you @CrochetGranny for sharing with us last week! Remember ladies, make them your own! Let your creativity flow! This week our pretty butterflies will fly! YAY!!! (Yes I am only a little excited ;P )

SO...I have some exciting, great fun news to share this week!!!! You may have noticed I mentioned there will be a prize! :D Yes....A PRIZE!!! We will be taking a vote in next week's thread for our favorite butterfly! So please, as soon as you are completed with your butterflies be sure to post a picture of them TO THIS THREAD! I will get all of our beauties together for us to vote on next week.

Now...do you want to know what the prize will be??? Do ya?!? DO YA?!?! The lucky winner will be awarded 1,000 GOLD COINS!!!  Yes you read that right! You have all done such an amazing job and have been so patient, you deserve a chance to win a prize! Also for every butterfly submission I will award 20 gold coins to each person. So be sure to get those pictures uploaded ASAP so they can be entered in for the vote!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

*** IMPORTANT ***
Since these are our last weeks with Project 1, I want to know who would like to continue in these stitching journeys. If you want to continue, I would like you to start looking through your to-do lists for our next Crochet Along. We will be starting this very soon and this time YOU guys will be choosing the patterns on which we will vote. Please start gathering 1 or 2 of your favorites. Keep on eye out over the next week or so for the Project 2 ideas thread, this is where you will be submitting those patterns and I will submit them into a Project 2 Vote. Please remember the pattern MUST be on ChCross! This is also an Amigurumi CA so please only submit patterns of Ami's. Thank you all for your support :)

For your reference, below are the links to all the previous posts for this project:
Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 2
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 3
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 4
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 5
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 6

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in
**EDITED **  Now includes also working the Eyes / Eyelids from the original Week 4

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag
**EDITED **  
Now includes also working Part 2 of 4 as these are very small pieces

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in.
**Because these wings are quite large I was thinking we should stretch this part of the pattern out for 2 weeks. There are a few people who could also use this time to catch up with the group. If anyone needs more time or if the 1 week is plenty leave a comment in the post directly below for discussion and we can change the schedule accordingly. Thank you for your input!

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Embellishing the Wings and final assembly (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in

***Please post a picture of your finished butterfly this week as soon as possible so I can get them together for the final vote***

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Final check-in and vote for best project! Keep an eye out this week for the Project 2 Ideas Thread!!!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!

I hope you all have a spectacular week!
Keep those hooks a flyin' ladies!
Amanda :loveliness:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
Silverlea + 6 Excellent

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-3-15 07:28
| Show all posts
Very nice            
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-23 01:15
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:11
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-16 10:09
| Show all posts
Cute. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-26 18:51
| Show all posts
Very beatiful!!! Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-19 09:33
| Show all posts
Absolutely beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 18:13
| Show all posts
really good job all!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-31 18:00
| Show all posts
wonderful :) amazing :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-15 09:20
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 18:00
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-14 09:45
| Show all posts
Oh oh oh So since I dont know how to crochet I can be a JUDGE!!!!!!  Oh oh oh I cant wait to see all the beautiful flutterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :loveliness:

Comments

Ok then! Look for the voting thread next week! :D I am so so excited hee hee ;)  Post time 2013-10-14 18:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-14 09:51
| Show all posts
And @Reptilegirl27  your killing me I cant let my daughter see that butterfly --- camo wings?  She would freak!   

Comments

Hahaa he's so darn cute medillon! ;) You can probably guess which little monster in my life helped me choose colors LOL! I picked the eyes tho he said black yuck! Hahaa!  Post time 2013-10-14 18:11
Here is my pic for the next project http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=170245&extra=&page=1  Post time 2013-10-14 10:04

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-14 13:36
| Show all posts
very nice !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-14 14:20
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-15 10:09
| Show all posts
I'M NOT SURE WHY BUT MY NEWEST CA THREADS KEEP DISAPPEARING A DAY AFTER I POST THEM. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY

Comments

It completely disappeared from the crochet diary again. It did this last week too. I had to search through old notifications to find it then post this message to bring it back. Weird!  Post time 2013-10-15 10:39
? Its here.?  Post time 2013-10-15 10:21

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-15 14:50
| Show all posts
I don't know how to crochet either, but those are just adorable!  I can't imagine what mine would look like, lol!  You all have a great talent and I'll help Medillion judge, lol!

Comments

Ok but only because we like you LOLOLOL *muah*  Post time 2013-10-15 17:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-15 18:24
| Show all posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post the better image of my Flutterby.  I keep getting lost
on where I am supposed to post.  So sorry:funk:

x

Comments

I am out of rating points :( This is adorable! You did a fantastic job!  Post time 2013-10-19 03:57
The wings are very beautiful. Are you sewing beads all over the wings or it is made with a special yarn?  Details Reply Post time 2013-10-16 14:13
Oh don't be sorry! You haven't don't anything wrong, there is no wrong way :) This is perfect and your butterfly is so great! Beautiful work I love it! The lips are such a great touch!  Post time 2013-10-15 18:49

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +8 Collapse Reason
carton + 4 Very nice!
cerdeirocas + 2 Very nice!
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Great work!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-16 14:13
| Show all posts
Marlow replied at 2013-10-15 18:24
Not sure if this is the right place to post the better image of my Flutterby.  I keep getting lost
o ...

The wings are very beautiful.  Are you sewing beads all over the wings or it is made with a special yarn?

Comments

Well you did a beautiful job! That was a lot of work! Turned out so great!  Post time 2013-10-17 17:45
Thanks for the rating :-)! I hand sewed the beads onto the wings. I need to add a bit of bling, lol. I was going to put on false eyelashes with fabric glue but decided to embroider them instead.  Post time 2013-10-16 16:26

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-17 12:47
| Show all posts
Edited by carton at 2013-10-17 12:50

Here comes my little butterfly.
Front
Back

x

Comments

She is wondeful!!! Congratulations  Post time 2013-10-20 04:50
Oh I love her toooooo! You did an excellent job! Love the orange/peachy color :)  Post time 2013-10-19 03:59
She is so awesome! Loving those colors! Great work carton!  Post time 2013-10-17 17:47

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +63 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 50 Wonderful Job thank you for joining in
cerdeirocas + 4 Powerfull!
Silverlea + 6 Fantastic job♥
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 17:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.295411 sec., 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list