Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 3

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-11-12 04:20
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-11-12 04:23

CA P2 W3.JPG

Hello, hello, hello!!! Welcome to our WEEK 3 CHECK-IN THREAD!!! :D

Can you believe we are already starting our third week! Weew where has the time gone?! This week is very exciting for us as we will start stitching for the actual project! I know many of you have already begun and this is absolutly fine! Please crochet at your own pace. As I have mentioned many times, the stitch schedule is only posted as a guideline. So no worries, you are not going to get a slap on the wrist for moving too quick or too slow ;P  I for one always have many projects in rotation and don't have the time to work solely on the CA. I have it in rotation with my other WIP's and get done what I can. If I fall behind I know I can always catch up in the next week or so. This is all about us connecting and keeping in touch! A way for us to share our passion and have some fun together! You do whatever you are comfortable with!

You ladies are the drivers of this bus and you will help me decide which directions we will go! We'll see where everyone is at every couple weeks and go from there. If everyone is way ahead of what is posted then I will gladly speed it up a bit, but if most of us are following along with each week then we will keep it as is. You just keep on doing what you're doing and have fun! Vrrroom! Vrrroom!

As always I want to take a moment to welcome anyone who is new in joining the Crochet Along! Please say hello and introduce yourself in a reply below! You haven't missed much... many of us are still in the process of planning out our projects. You will see there are some of us who are way ahead and others only slightly. Please do not let this overwhelme you or make you feel pressured! Take your time and have fun! And trust me, once you get going on this pattern is VERY hard to stop! You'll be caught up in no time! Please, just be sure to click on the links below and read through the past threads so you have all the information. Again welcome to the CA! It is so wonderful to have you with us! :loveliness:

For your reference, below are the links to all the previous posts for this project:
Crochet Along - Project 2: Idea Submissions
Crochet Along - Project 2: Vote
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 1
Crochet Along - Project 2: WEEK 2

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
**I do have a favor to ask, if any of you have already worked an African Flower Motif and you could share with us some advice or alternative tips outside from the pattern, please share with us below. I grately appreciate it in advance!

10/28/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! READ IT THOROUGHLY! You are going to want to design and plan out your colors for each piece. Take note of any materials you may need to acquire and take this time to do so. I have posted some pictures above to help boost your creative minds :)

This is a very extensive pattern that includes some new techniques you may or may not be familiar with. All the details are included within the pattern download and I HIGHLY recommend you follow it completely. Practice these new techniques and learn the different motifs! For a successful finished project you will need to know exactly what to do and how to assemble the pieces. If you come across any concerns or questions simpily reply to this thread and we will work on it together!

11/04/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 2
Weekly check-in thread -
continue practicing your motifs and techniques from the Week 1. Gather your materials and plan out your project. Decide which joining method you prefer and how you want to proceed. It seems like many of us are using the join-as-you-go method, this is not mandatory, you can choose to make all of the pieces first and join them at the end.  Your preference! Please take note that I will be following the pattern for the stitch schedule and the pattern is based on the join-as-you-go method. Again this is all up to you and what you are most comfortable with.

SIDE NOTE: The designer has chosen to start the motifs with Ch 5 and slip stitch to form a ring. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 5 for a magic circle. If you do not know how to work the magic circle, YouTube has some wonderful tutorials! I find that it makes it easier when using the magic circle and it gives you the ability to adjust the tightness of the inner circle simply by pulling on a piece of yarn! Look it up and judge for yourself! **Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

11/11/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 3
STEP 1 - HIND LEGS - Make (2) hexagons and (2) pentagons and join per instruction, Weekly check-in thread

11/18/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 4
STEP 2 - BUM OCTAGON - Make (1) large octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

11/25/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 5
STEP 3 (1 of 2) - BUM PENTAGONS - Make (2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/02/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 6
STEP 3 (2 of 2) -  BUM PENTAGONS - Make (last 2 of 4) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/09/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 7
STEP 4 (1 of 3 - LEFT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/16/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 8
STEP 4 (2 of 3 - RIGHT SIDE OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

12/23/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 9
STEP 4 (3 of 3 - TOP OF BUM) - Make (1) hexagon and join. ROUND 2 COMPLETE! Weekly check-in thread

12/30/2013 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 10
STEP 5  - BELLY OCTAGON - Make (1) octagon and join, Weekly check-in thread
***ALMOST HALF WAY THERE***

01/06/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 11
STEP 6 - ROUND 3 HEXAGONS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/13/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 12
STEP 7 - ROUND 3 HEPTAGONS - Make (2) heptagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/20/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 13
STEP 8 - FRONT LEGS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

01/27/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 14
STEP 9 (1 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (2) hexagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 15
STEP 9 (2 of 2) - ROUND 4 MOTIFS - Make (3) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 16
NECK (1 of 3) - TOP OF NECK - Make (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 17
NECK (2 of 3) - SIDES OF NECK - Make (2) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

02/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 18
NECK (3 of 3) - LAST NECK MOTIF - Make (1) pentagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/03/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 19
HEAD - EYE MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/10/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 20
HEAD - CHEEK MOTIFS - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/17/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 21
HEAD - UNDER MOUTH - Make (1) hexagon and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/24/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 22
HEAD - TOP OF NOSE - Make (2) pentagons and join, Weekly check-in thread

03/31/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 23
HEAD - NOSE PATCHES - Make (2) "nose patches" and join, Weekly check-in thread

04/07/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 24
HEAD - NOSE END - Make (1) pentagon and join, add eyes to your liking, then stuff the Happypotamus!!! YAY SOOO CLOSE!!! Weekly check-in thread

04/14/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 25
HEAD - EARS - Make (2) "modified" hexagons per instruction and join! Weekly check-in thread
***Please post a picture of your finished butterfly this week as soon as possible so I can get them together for the final vote***

04/21/2014 - PROJECT 2 - WEEK 26
Final check-in and vote for best project! PLUS....PRIZE ANNOUNCMENT!!! YAHOO!!!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for added information and shares!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Amanda :loveliness:

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +50 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 50 Fantastic!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-7-25 20:43
| Show all posts
OK, I feel this calling me, I'm going to need to go find weeks one and to so I can play catch up, sounds like fun
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-22 00:58
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Bravo, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 17:50
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-12-9 03:02
| Show all posts
Great! Thank you very much))

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-11-18 17:18
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 04:43
| Show all posts
Wow moving along already! I won't be partaking in this event I have far too many Christmas goodies to get out.  I will be keeping an eye on you all though. Best of luck and I'll be looking forward to your ventures

Comments

Wow thanks a lot for that very generous rating! I appreciate all your support with these CA's! Thank you so much XOXO  Post time 2013-11-12 05:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 05:11
| Show all posts
I'm on schedule. I've figured out how to make the flowers, and have some of my colors picked out, so I'm ready to start.

Comments

I know I love this pattern! I was so nervous I wouldn't get it figured out but I did with some encouragement from our awesome group! I'm excited to see what you come up with! I hate picking colors LOL  Post time 2013-11-12 20:24
At least it's not boring. Choosing colors is hard. Every time I make a new combination, I really like it. I think mine is going to look like a rainbow.  Post time 2013-11-12 09:16
I know me too! All the flipping back and forth between the pages of the pattern, the videos rewinding and rewatching and all the practice! ...I was close to tearing my hair out and then I got it!  Post time 2013-11-12 07:41
It took me a while too. The video helped, but it took a while to get it to look nice. I made so many samples and joined them together, I guess I'll have a doll blanket too.  Post time 2013-11-12 06:22
Yay I can't wait to see! I got one foot done last week. It took me FOREVER to figure out the join as you go method but I'm loving it now!  Post time 2013-11-12 05:18

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 5 Good luck and look forward to seeing you.

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 05:22
| Show all posts
I believe I have chosen my colors yet!!;P;P;P;P
I guess I am ready!!:o:o

Comments

Yay I'm so excited! This is going to be so much fun :)  Post time 2013-11-12 06:08

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 05:59
| Show all posts
I´m already almost ready but I wanted to get it finished before I start with all the christmas presents^^ Once you have figured out how to make it it´s quite easy and fun to make. I´m looking forward to see all the other hippos of our big hippo family :)

Comments

I know me too! Seeing everyone's colors and ideas is such a blast! My favorite part of the CA's!  Post time 2013-11-12 06:07

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 21:06
| Show all posts
sadly i think i am now going to have to pull out of this one, i just have far too much on my to do list and Christmas is creep up on me too darn fast. i have to post quite a few of my pressies and so i want to get them all sent the beginning of December so not much time left.
i so want to make this cute little fellow bt will have to wait till the new year :(

Comments

Same here, Christmas is too close to start another project. Please do share what you are working on for the holidays!  Post time 2013-11-14 02:58
Awe sad to hear this but I completely understand! I was just thinking earlier that I really need to get moving on these Christmas gifts myself. Yea we'll see LOL! Well you know there is no rush for t  Details Reply Post time 2013-11-12 21:33

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-11-12 21:33
| Show all posts

Awe sad to hear this but I completely understand! I was just thinking earlier that I really need to get moving on these Christmas gifts myself. Yea we'll see LOL!

Well you know there is no rush for the CA and you are always more than welcome to join in anytime! Please keep in touch and be sure to visit us :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 21:43
| Show all posts
i am fine if people want to give this a pause we can always put a hold on this project until Christmas is over. pick it up in the new year... if your not busy, slowly work on it.. if u are leave it.. this is all in fun.. so i dont think we need to rush in anything.. i am still working on mine.. i haven't done much to it but i am still going to finish it off :)

Comments

mostly the norm life stuff :) snow flakes i wanted to start making those too.. i figured it would be nice to have something u can have every year. rather then paper ones i had last year. :)  Post time 2013-11-15 21:45
I know I have so many holiday projects I badly need to start! Maybe today I will finally get my snowflakes started! I hope these life events you mentioned are nothing serious though, just the norm. :)  Post time 2013-11-15 20:19
i liked how u outlined the schedule.. its at a good slow pace... :) its nice... i haven't done much for a bit with life events happening ... :) its crazy with the holidays coming up..  Post time 2013-11-15 01:19
Yes mame! That's exactly why I stretched out the schedule as long as I did. Everyone is busy during the holidays so there is plenty of time with weeks of only working 1 motif to catch up :)  Post time 2013-11-13 00:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-12 23:54
| Show all posts
Your CA Stalker checking in :)  No pics :(  I am so dying to find out what colors everyone picked :)  

Comments

I know me too! I'm hoping to see some more sometime this week! Pictures are the best :)  Post time 2013-11-13 00:18

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-13 18:57
| Show all posts
I´ll post new pictures as soon as mine is ready :) It´s stuffed now but I am not quite sure with the eyes because of my little son... The last motif is a big tricky to join with the join as you go method but I managed it at last without breaking my fingers ;P

Comments

I´ll do my best, it´s just the eyes and the ears that are missing^^ I have very sweet eyes but they are meant to be glued...  Post time 2013-11-13 19:28
Oh boy....yes that's been one of my concerns...attaching those last few pieces. I'm excited to see your finished design girl! Hurry up LOL  Post time 2013-11-13 19:20

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 13:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.128295 sec., 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list