Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1526|Reply: 19
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] French Knots

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-12-18 10:12
| Show all posts |Read mode
How in the world do you make french knots?  Every time I try, it either makes a knot way too far away from the canvas, or it pulls through because it is so tiny.  These are the only things I have left to do on a pattern I'm working on, and it's driving me nuts.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:16
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:02
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 10:37
| Show all posts
It's not so hard if you know the trick. Go to Youtube to watch some tutorials on French knots, then get a scrap piece of fabric to try on a few times until you get the hang of it. You can use seed beads to replace the French knots too, you know? The beads will add sparkles.

Comments

I never had the internet back then to show me but I had granny and she would get frustrated with me .. LOL  Post time 2013-12-18 19:27
My granny also taught me to embroider and I NEVER got the french knot she would tell me how and it would always go threw. I like the bead idea  Post time 2013-12-18 19:26
I never thought of the beads, thanks for the tip.  Post time 2013-12-18 11:09

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-12-18 11:49
| Show all posts
I thought about beads (and will probably use them for other projects), but for this item that won't work.  It's a set of baby bib and hooded towel.  I guess I just need to have someone show me how to do it in person.  My mom taught me how to cross stitch years ago, but she didn't teach me french knots because she couldn't do them, either, and just refused to do any pattern that called for them  :)

Comments

You're right. Can't use beads for babies' items. I think you just have to watch French knot tutorials on YouTube and keep trying until you can master it. Don't get frustrated. Even some experience sti  Details Reply Post time 2013-12-18 13:54

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 12:32
| Show all posts
I hate them too they never come out to my satisfaction.  I am using beads instead of them now but your right on a baby item you can't.

Did you try U Tube?  Good luck :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 13:54
| Show all posts

You're right. Can't use beads for babies' items. I think you just have to watch French knot tutorials on YouTube and keep trying until you can master it. Don't get frustrated. Even some experience stitchers can't do French knots properly either. So you're not the only one. Good luck!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 19:14
| Show all posts
If you google "french knots"  you  find different video with good explication. But personally i find "colonial knots" better and easy to make also on video

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-18 19:46
| Show all posts
Me too.  I do not like french knot.  I can never do it right.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-19 09:42
| Show all posts
French knots is very much a hit or miss for me.  However, until recently, I was more 'afraid' of beading than doing french knots !!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-20 01:29
| Show all posts
I hate French knots and use a colonial knot instead.  It almost always comes out right and in perfect placement.  Google colonial knot and you will find some excellent tutorial on various site and some videos on YouTube.  Good luck

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-30 04:03
| Show all posts
I like to use beads instead of french knots ....

But I will look at Youtube and learn how to do them.  :o)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 14:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.046357 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list