| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 577|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] stitch and park - for lefties?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-1-23 00:16
| Show all posts |Read mode
Right handed stitchers tend to go from the top to the bottom of the work, but not me! I am a lefty stitcher, and I usually go from bottom left to top right. I just learned the stitch and park method, and it really makes my work go a lot faster, although the back of the work can get quite messy.
I go in 10 x 10 blocks, and when I am done with all of one color in that block, I 'park' my thread in the above block where my stitch would start for that color. I remove the needle (I don't have a lot of needles at the moment) and then thread my next color, wash rinse and repeat. Once I have one 10 x 10 square completely done, I move to the RIGHT square and do the same for that.
Once all the 10 x 10 squares are done for the page I am working on, I move to the next LEFT square. It will have a bunch of threads sticking out, so I will take the one that is the 'highest and most to the right' in that square and work all that color, park it in the appropriate spot in the above 10 x 10 square, and then thread and work my next most top right thread. I keep going this way and it really goes fast!  Here is a picture of what I am working on now so you can get an idea of what I mean:

DSCN4269.JPG

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-1-23 00:22
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +1 Gold Coins

Thanks I am a lefty and this is useful information for me :)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-23 01:04
| Show all posts
I am a lefty too.. but I often start in the top right corner instead of the left corner. I prefer starting at the top because then my hand is not brushing against the finished stitching all the time.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-23 02:39
| Show all posts
CIAO, ANCH'IO SONO MANCINA. SEGUIRO' IL TUO CONSIGLIO. GRAZIE 1000:D:D:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-23 02:46
| Show all posts
Very nice! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-1-23 16:57
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-2 21:45
| Show all posts
I am leftie too, but I stitch as the piece requires. Sometimes from center, sometimes from top, for example I begin with an important motif which provides good references for further stitches. I hope you know what I mean.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:05
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:29
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 03:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073401 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list