Forgot password?
 Register
View: 2240|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] parking method

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-2-5 07:10
| Show all posts |Read mode
I just begin a haed on 18 ct. Many people says that parking is good for this kind of pattern that jumps from one color to another frequently. So I watched a few video on youtube and read the tutorial here, and begin to do 10x10 parking in my stitching. Immediately I find that on my chart, one color is at the left end in the first line, and then it goes to the right end in the first and second line and third line, and jumps back to the left in the fourth, and then goes to the middle and then separates again. Just in this few lines, the back of my stitch becomes a mess. So normally what do you do when you come across this kind of chart? Use two threads of the same color to do the left and right separately? or you finish the stitches at the left and goes through the fifth line back to the right?

Hope I have explained clearly. Thanks for all advises.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:55
| Show all posts
Following this thread
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 02:53
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-5 11:41
| Show all posts
Edited by langstep at 2014-2-5 11:42

I am about a quarter of the way through my first HAED design.  I have gridded the fabic - 18ct  into 10 x 10 squares and try to stitch one colour per grid at a time, I work down the page then go over to the next coloumn and work up to the top of the page then over to the next coloumn and work down again parking the tread as I go.

I am not worried about the back of my work, once it has been mounted and framed nobody will ever see it, thank goodness as it is a total mess.  With HAED design, I think, it is always going to be hard to keep tidy.  If you start a new length of thread every time you are going to have a lot of stops and starts, with all the colours used and all those confetti stitches :funk: :curse:.

I use the loop method when starting a new length of thread this make less ends to tie in.

Comments

What are confetti stitches?  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-12 06:25
Thank you for your advice. Actually I am trying to park from left to right, so I don't need to adjust the frame too frequently. You are right, I worry too much  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-5 18:36

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-5 11:51
| Show all posts
Can I ask a stupid question?  What is parking? LOL

Comments

I have see it but never really understood it …. way too many loose thread hanging around just to be in the way. *grin Think I will stick with my push/pull method … on;y 1 thread to deal with at a  Details Reply Post time 2014-3-21 09:27
There are a few videos on youtube showing parking.  Post time 2014-2-6 00:33
//www.pindiy.com/thread-135214-1-1.html That is where I got it  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-5 18:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-5 13:42
| Show all posts
When you do a big pattern, stop worrying about the back and just be concerned about the front. Also, when you park, even thogh at first it looks like a mess in the back, the next stitches you do will cover the thread that is carried so it actually looks really neat commpared to other methods.

Comments

You are right. Only the fabric becomes so thick in some particular area. Maybe I should worry a little less  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-5 18:38

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-2-5 18:36
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
langstep

2014-2-5 11:41

Edited by langstep at 2014-2-5 11:42

I am about a quarter of the way through my first HAED design ...

Thank you for your advice. Actually I am trying to park from left to right, so I don't need to adjust the frame too frequently.

You are right, I worry too much

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-2-5 18:38
| Show all posts

tcca

2014-2-5 13:42

When you do a big pattern, stop worrying about the back and just be concerned about the front. Also, ...

You are right. Only the fabric becomes so thick in some particular area. Maybe I should worry a little less

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-2-5 18:39
| Show all posts

abbysmom1976

2014-2-5 11:51

//www.pindiy.com/thread-135214-1-1.html

That is where I got it

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-12 06:25
| Show all posts

langstep

2014-2-5 11:41

I am about a quarter of the way through my first HAED design.  I have gridded the fabic - 18ct  into ...

What are confetti stitches?

Comments

Thank you!  Details Reply Post time 2014-2-15 17:08
One stitch of one colour that are scattered throughout the design. No other stitch in that colour near it. They can be very frustrating and time consuming.  Post time 2014-2-13 14:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-2-15 17:08
| Show all posts

listgifts

2014-2-12 06:25

What are confetti stitches?

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-3-21 09:27
| Show all posts

abbysmom1976

2014-2-5 11:51

I have see it but never really understood it …. way too many loose thread hanging around just to be in the way.  *grin  Think I will stick with my push/pull method … on;y 1 thread to deal with at a time!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 03:38 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.100109 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list