Forgot password?
 Register
View: 669|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Designs on coloured canvas

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-3-16 02:30
| Show all posts |Read mode
What do you stitch on unusually coloured canvas? I mean, there is a range of "natural" colours - ivory, beige, raw, they suite almost every design. But then there are lilac, apricot, purple, amsterdam blue, whathaveyous, that are very distinctive by themselves. What can you stitch on such "exotic" colours?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-3-28 07:50
| Show all posts
You can stitch any design you'd like. When moving into color, I'll choose a fabric that compliments the floss.  Lots of possibilities out there.  Have fun with it.

Comments

Well, it`s rather difficult for your usual multi-coloured designs, I think... It`s not always good when the background stands as a separate element, and it easily can, with an inappropriate colour(  Details Reply Post time 2014-3-29 00:45
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-3-28 08:00
| Show all posts
I mostly stitch geometric type designs and they work great on colored canvas.   100_1189.JPG

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-3-29 00:45
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
siennaX

2014-3-28 07:50

You can stitch any design you'd like. When moving into color, I'll choose a fabric that compliments  ...

Well, it`s rather difficult for your usual multi-coloured designs, I think... It`s not always good when the background stands as a separate element, and it easily can, with an inappropriate colour(

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-3-29 00:47
| Show all posts

stitchergirlar

2014-3-28 08:00

I mostly stitch geometric type designs and they work great on colored canvas.

Yes, I`ve been thinking about that! Will have to learn different special stitches though) Oh, and buy a good frame. Usually such designs are stitched on monocanvas, are they not?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-3-29 03:00
| Show all posts
I usually use 18 count monocanvas or 24 count congress cloth.  most designers illustrate their stitches very will so you can do them.  I use stretcher bars and tack the canvas tightly on the bars.  Debbee's Designs and Needle Delights have wonderful patterns.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-4-9 08:41
| Show all posts
The goal is to choose a colored canvas that compliments the design.  I've stitched many multi-colored designs over the years on colored backgrounds.  As with so many elements in this craft, it really comes down to personal preference.  Some designs are simply more eye pleasing on white.  Some designs can be enhanced by colored fabric.  Some designs are stunning on black.  Only you can decide what looks best for you.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-4-21 18:13
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-6-17 06:21
| Show all posts

siennaX

2014-4-9 08:41

The goal is to choose a colored canvas that compliments the design.  I've stitched many multi-colore ...

Muy buen consejo gracias :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:56
| Show all posts
That’s awesome

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 22:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079883 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list