| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 3732|Reply: 29
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] CXC embrodery floss: do you know ?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-5-24 16:12
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Elyariete at 2014-5-24 09:13

I found CXC floss on sale in some sites and the price is very good, but what about the quality?? Someone of you knows something about it? Thank you for your help!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-7-10 15:53
| Show all posts
I have made a small test cross stitch using CXC, but I also use it for other crafts.  CXC is 100% polyester, it's lovely and soft and has a nice sheen to it.  I had heard that is has improved from a number of years ago too.  It's strands give a little more coverage than DMC too so this can be a great bonus for some counts and tent stitch.  Colour is as consistent with DMC as DMC is to itself (DMC dye batches do differ especially with some colours).  You may find your tension is a little different to cotton/DMC but you quickly adjust to it.

I will be doing my fist HAED with it.  Considering it's price it seems like a very good and viable alternative to DMC.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-31 03:28
| Show all posts
I just received my order of cxc today from AliExpress. I ordered two complete sets for $61. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. I compared color and texture and I am very happy! I was going to include a picture but not sure how to. The labels say 100% cotton. I used the seller Factory-Shop, I have been told you can select your colors, via a spreadsheet for large projects.

Comments

Can you please give us the name of the shop you brought CXC floss from  Post time 2017-12-6 22:31
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-26 09:04
| Show all posts
CXC is 100% polyester: it melts, not scorches like cotton and wool. You can use it, but unpicking will leave lots of fibres behind. The colour batches are more inconsistent than Anchor and DMC. You can use it for a lot of things but I recommend not to use it for long lasting family heirlooms.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-7 06:44
| Show all posts
Edited by StitchFairy at 2017-12-6 18:03

Factory-Shop is who I ordered from last time

However I plan to order from wuxiyibo the next time, little cheaper and really good reviews.

If you google aliexpress and the store name it will give you a link to the store.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-27 10:49
| Show all posts
I recently started using CXC thread and I absolutely LOVE it!!!!! Exact colour and number match to dmc and really soft and thick to use. Covers much better than dmc. I will be using it from now on. And so inexpensive too!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-26 23:46
| Show all posts
I have a hate love relationship with this floss. It’s very cheap, color fast, and closely matches dmc colors. But turns put I do not like to work with polyester threads...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-14 07:41
| Show all posts
Probé hilo CXC. No son algodon.  No me gustan. Dejan mucha pelusa. Prefiero Dmc o Sullivan.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-8 18:36
| Show all posts
never tried but im planning to buy CXC for my HAED projects. they say it is good substitute for DMC.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-7 15:19
| Show all posts
Allemaal verschillende meningen ik blijf voorlopig bij DMC, bedankt voor het delen

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-24 16:35
| Show all posts
sorry, never heard :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-24 17:31
| Show all posts
Is not cotton thread.
I've never used.
I heard that is not very good.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-24 17:38
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-26 05:18
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Yaxin

2014-5-24 10:31

Is not cotton thread.
I've never used.
I heard that is not very good.

Really?is not cotton????
Thank you very much for this information!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-26 11:28
| Show all posts

Elyariete

2014-5-26 05:18

Really?is not cotton????
Thank you very much for this information!

If we say the same.
Could you share some photos?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-26 16:12
| Show all posts
Found out: seems it's similar to DMC 117
Specification :

Material: Cotton
Pattern: Dyed
Use: Knitting, Sewing, Cross Stitch, Embroidery, Hand Knitting
Yarn Type: Spun
Color: 447colors

Packing:24pcs/box or 240/bale or as your requirement
Feature: High Temperature Resistant, High Tenacity, Eco-Friendly
Weight (g/ball): 80 grams per box
Place of Origin: Zhejiang, China (Mainland)
Brand Name: CXC

found it on Amazon for 14$ as well

Embroidery_Thread.jpg_350x350.jpg

index.jpg

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-27 01:03
| Show all posts
Yes Yes Yes!! It's it!!!
I wasn't able to save the pictures to show you, but the tags on the skeins are the same. So they say cotton, well.... I hope it's true.  
Thread number is same with DMC, and it's a good thing because so I don't need convertion.
My doubt was about quality, because many feedbacks say "good" some other say "bad": I think it will not as good as DMC of course, but the price is soooo lower....
Maybe I will try....

Blue, Thank you for your super help

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-27 10:48
| Show all posts
Well I'm from China, cxc floss is kinda popular in the low-end cross stitch market here.
First of all, unfortunately it is not cotton thread, it‘s 100% Terylene. So it is easily tangled and roughed.
I never tried this brand, but I heard it is good considering it's low price. But you can get a whole set 447 floss at 10USD here, so I think that good is given from a very low criterion...

In China, experienced stitchers are more prefer to use the Rosace or Royal Brodeire floss if they want an inexpensive substitution of DMC floss. These floss are also cotton made and using DMC thread number.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-5-27 14:27
| Show all posts
Thank you' zhulala. I was really hoping from an opinion from China, because you can better  know the market and products. Well, if it's not cotton, I will search Rosace or  maybe I'll return to DMC,  to be sure about quality.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 09:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055841 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list