Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 5127|Reply: 53
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] using erasable highlighter pens

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-1-24 07:08
| Show all posts |Read mode
i've found the best way for me to keep my place on a chart is to use a highlighter pen to mark each square off does anybody have any other ways that they use or does everyone do this i use a erasable hilighter so if i go wrong it rubs out

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-1-29 04:46
| Show all posts
Edited by Nut01 at 2022-1-29 04:48

I work on copies of original charts and make markings on them to organize myself better.
For big, white and black charts I use some highlighter pens - different colors to highlight repeatable stitches and orientate better, especially when the symbols are very similar.
When I am finished with a part of the stitching I mark/cross it with one color.
I use the thread parking method and to be sure where the thread is parked I put a little dot on the chart, in a corner of a cross stitch cell where it comes out from the cloth.
So after the work is finished the charts I worked on are for no use - they are very messy - that is why I keep original charts clean.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-10-29 19:01
| Show all posts
Yo utilizo boligrafo borrable de calidad...en concreto "Frixion" porque utilice otras marcas y no se termina del quitar del todo con la plancha....el color se quita pero queda una tenue linea que no se si es obsesion mia o que realmente se queda.....luego no se aprecia al enmarcarlo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-3 02:20
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-20 20:37
A nifty thing: the yellow highlighter (only the yellow one) does not show if copied. That is why it  ...

Pretty cool, I didn't know that.  Thank you for sharing

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +50 Collapse Reason
KatharinaV-NL + 50 Thank you for the compliment! And here a little heads up :)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-1-24 13:14
| Show all posts
Ещё так же купила гелевые пасты с ручкой, которые так же нужно замачивать в воде до исчезновения. Но их ещё не использовала

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-6-23 15:13
| Show all posts
I use colored pencils I am afraid to have markers around because t dropped one years ago on my project... thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-20 20:37
| Show all posts
A nifty thing: the yellow highlighter (only the yellow one) does not show if copied. That is why it is invented.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-1-24 13:13
| Show all posts
Я использую маркеры, которые смываются холодной водой. Очень удобно использовать при разметке канвы.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-9-1 15:11
| Show all posts
Thank you so much for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-10-4 02:35
| Show all posts
I use retractable markers

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 23:40
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-2-6 07:41
| Show all posts
Hope you don't do this to an original chart.  Make a copy to work with.  My daughter uses a yellow highlighter.

Comments

I always make a copy and then use a 3B pencil to mark the stitches off. This is easily rubbed off.  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-27 08:28

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-2-6 21:52
| Show all posts
yes i alway copy my chart first so not to ruin the original

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-2-6 22:01
| Show all posts
I bought a bunch of those clear pockets that you put papers in to protect them. This doesn't doesn't work on all of them, but some that you find are slick enough that you can use whiteboard markers on them, that you can later erase.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-2-6 22:03
| Show all posts
I just coloring my chart with pencil color so I won't make to much mistake, and I make number at the side of the chart, so I always know where am I :D

Comments

This is what I do! I find it much easier than using anything else I've tried!  Details Reply Post time 2013-8-13 21:19

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-6-12 03:07
| Show all posts
very soft B pencill, only have to touch it to paper an it marks, easier to rub out if you make a mistake :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-22 18:02
| Show all posts
on a copy i mark the stitched holes with  a green marker, mistakes with orange and yellow for any other reason! works good with me

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-13 17:16
| Show all posts
I use a pencil or post its

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-10 14:38
| Show all posts
I started off using an erasable highlighter too. But now I don't mark my patterns at all. I just seem to remember where I last am... but if I leave the pattern for a long time, I find post it arrow markers work. :)

Comments

Another good idea! I use highlighter to mark what I have finished, but sometimes I forget where I am!  Details Reply Post time 2014-1-22 02:38

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-12 21:31
| Show all posts
I'm sorry I do not know what to say because I do not know what to talk

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 05:24 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052115 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list