Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: sam121
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] tips for backstitching

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-7-7 04:53
| Show all posts

I also agree!  It give the project that added dimension!  I always do mine last to watch it come alive :-)

Comments

I do mine last too!!! I just love the way the works come alive with the backstitch. I always save it til last because I love seeing the difference that little strand of thread makes. It never ceases t  Details Reply Post time 2012-7-13 09:09

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-7 04:56
| Show all posts
jkwrabbit replied at 2011-12-9 01:03
I, too, dislike backstitching.  But done correctly it really does add the finishing touches to a pro ...

I agree with you on this!  I love the Cherished Teddies patterns just for the fact that they don't use black to backstitch at all!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-10 02:04
| Show all posts
I always do my backstitching after I finish everything.  I feel like if I don't I might misjudge and end up stitching over it at some point.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-13 09:09
| Show all posts
waterbaby842 replied at 2012-7-7 04:53
I also agree!  It give the project that added dimension!  I always do mine last to watch it come a ...

I do mine last too!!! I just love the way the works come alive with the backstitch. I always save it til last because I love seeing the difference that little strand of thread makes. It never ceases to amaze me ^_^

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-13 11:45
| Show all posts
I always do the backstitching last so that I can see the picture comes to life.  It is tedious, but totally worth the effort!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-15 19:35
| Show all posts
I also used to leave it till last.  However, as my stitching tastes have changed over the years I find I now stitch patterns that have very little to hardly any backstitching in them at all.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 09:45
| Show all posts
I would love to backstitch as I go, but I didn't like how some of the backstitches couldn't be done because it overlapped to a section I didn't do yet. So while backstitching all at the end is quite tedious, I feel it's a necessary evil. In regards to beading, I have to wait til the end because I use q-snap frames. Beads don't fare well under a q-snap clamp!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-17 08:58
| Show all posts
I know I already posted that I like to do it at the end.  I thought I would show why.  Check out my thread below - it's my last project and the before and after back stitching!

http://www.pindiy.com/thread-85683-1-1.html

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-16 17:41
| Show all posts
i really like this one

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-21 03:51
| Show all posts
Have never done backstitching before. A nice advice to keep in mind. Thanks!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 22:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061574 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list