Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: sam121
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] tips for backstitching

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-3-17 02:34
| Show all posts
I don't mind backstitching.  It makes such a difference to the finished piece.  Like most, I save the backstitching for last.  

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-17 03:14 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
I do the same as you. I make the backstitches, when I have finished the cross stitches.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-24 21:30
| Show all posts
moi aussi j'aime faire les backstitches car on rend notre travail vivant on lui donne des dimensions. Si je faisnun grand projet , je fais mes backstitches tout au long de mon travail. Have a nice day !!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 07:21
| Show all posts
When I get bored with the stitching, I like to do the backstitch. It really brings that part of the picture alive. I find that for big pieces when I do all the backstitching last, it is not as enjoyable and I strain to remember where the backstitching should go.

Comments

I had this problem as well, re: remembering. My co-worker left right when I was ready to start the back stitching on a large project I was doing for my mom. I did two folks' jobs for a year and now  Details Reply Post time 2013-4-2 05:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-2 05:40
| Show all posts
amyleesf replied at 2013-3-27 07:21
When I get bored with the stitching, I like to do the backstitch. It really brings that part of the  ...

I had this problem as well, re: remembering.  My co-worker left right when I was ready to start the back stitching on a large project I was doing for my mom.  I did two folks' jobs for a year and now that I've finally got some help and feel like stitching again, I am having a hard time remembering the colors and such...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-2 22:59
| Show all posts
i do the backstitching and the beads last - don't know why!!:loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-7 12:06
| Show all posts
I leave the backstitching ot the end because sometimes I decide that some of it is just not needed! Some patterns go overboard on the backstitch so I just do the parts I think are most necessary, and then look at it after each section to decide if more is needed or not.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-4 00:23
| Show all posts
I don't like backstitching so I usually leave it last but with some complicated pieces, it would be best to do it asap.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-7 00:44
| Show all posts
I usually leave it for the end and then it takes awhile before I get back to it. I should do it as I go along.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-9 16:48
| Show all posts
msvietti replied at 2011-10-31 18:03
My tip is to do anything you can not to have to backstitch!  LOL

Lol! I wish! :D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 04:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080928 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list