Forgot password?
 Register
View: 758|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Stitch Help Needed

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-10-7 07:17
| Show all posts |Read mode
I'm  about to stitch a sampler pre-printed (the easy bit ;Pl) it's an American sampler and some of the terminology has me stumped :L Can anyone help in an explanation of the stitches and how to do them (picture diagram instructions are not very clear due to age of item) they are Solid Stitch and Outline Stitch, I'm sure they probably are very easy but I've never ventured anything like this before only ever stitched cross stitch on aida.

Thanks in anticipation of your replies :handshake

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-2-10 04:01
| Show all posts
Thank so much for sharing
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-25 01:03
| Show all posts
Thank you very much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 15:43
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 03:06
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:25
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-7 08:13
| Show all posts
Outline stitch is usually backstitch.  Not sure what a solid stitch is, sorry :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-7 08:45
| Show all posts
Do you have a picture you can share?   It could be satin stitch which gives full coverage over the fabric,  but I won't be able to tell without a picture.

Comments

Thank you, will try and take a pic in the hope you or somebody can assist. I've managed to find outline stitch on you tube, it doesn't look too daunting I just need to take my time,so now its only sol  Details Reply Post time 2014-10-7 21:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-7 11:37
| Show all posts
i agree, outline stitch is backstitch and usually used 1 less strand of thread than regular X stitch.
solid stitch may just be the X stitch... :)
good luck

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-10-7 21:14
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
CraftyLouAnna

2014-10-7 00:45

Do you have a picture you can share?   It could be satin stitch which gives full coverage over the f ...

Thank you, will try and take a pic in the hope you or somebody can assist.
I've managed to find outline stitch on you tube, it doesn't look too daunting I just need to take my time,so now its only solid stitch that is bugging me.

Thanks again
Karen

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-10-8 06:18
| Show all posts
Well thanks to those who replied after much searching on the web I came across a blog by an American lady who had done similar work and messaged her, she has replied saying the mysterious stitch is similar to Japanese Stitch and sent me a diagram to explain.
Thanks again
Karen

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-9 21:40 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
Strange terminology. I'm American and have never heard of outline and solid stitches. I would have assumed like most above that back stitch and satin stitch were meant. Always learning something new in needlework.

Comments

Thank you for your response ..... I've been told that these are terms used around the 50's and rightly so today it's most likely they've been re-named, as you say welearn something new everyday K  Details Reply Post time 2014-10-10 06:31

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-10-10 06:31
| Show all posts

siennaX

2014-10-9 13:40

Strange terminology. I'm American and have never heard of outline and solid stitches. I would have a ...

Thank you for your response ..... I've been told that these are terms used around the 50's and rightly so today it's most likely they've been re-named, as you say welearn something new everyday  :D

Karen

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 17:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.098771 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list