View: 911|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] sweating hand problem

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-11-20 13:38
| Show all posts |Read mode
Dernière édition par Nccagou sur 2014-11-21 06:37

hello,

First of all, please apoligize my written English as it is not my frist language.

I have a big problem with sweating hands. I wash regularly my hands, before and during my work, but it doesn't change anything ... I sweat so much that the back of the fabric is impregnated. Fortunately, it goes away when I wash the fabric when I fully finish my work.

I don't use the "wooden cercle" and so on ... as I like to feel the fabric in my hand.

I do not know what to do! Do you have any solutions other than wearing gloves?

thank you

Nccagou

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-11-20 16:46
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-23 02:05
| Show all posts
I don't know. Maybe a light powder? Washing your hands regularly, when you feel the sweat?
My hands are usually dry, so I have no experience with this problem...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-24 08:02
| Show all posts
You could put roll-on anti perspirent on your palms before you sew maybe? My sister has rally sweaty feet, so does that in summer.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-27 07:01
| Show all posts
There are a couple of short-term methods you could try to reduce the sweat as you work (but just note that some of these may leave residue on your floss & fabric, so be careful)...try one at a time - not all at once!:

*rub antiperspirant on your palms (you don't have to get special antiperspirant for this - over the counter stuff should work but your Dr can also prescribe some)
*rub palms with baby powder or cornstartch or baking soda
*rub palms with alcohol-based hand sanitiser
*rub palms with geranium oil

In the long term though, it might be wise to go see your doctor. Sweaty palms is a localised form of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) & there are treatments for it. Good luck!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-4-15 03:41
| Show all posts
Thank you everybody for your replies !

I was wondering if I could wear medical glove ... as I will order a hand dyed fabric and I have to be very careful with my sweat.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-15 09:58
| Show all posts
My daughter has the same problem, and the dermatologist prescribed an special antiperspirant in form of cream, and she uses it only a few days of the week and the results are notorius, so the cost of this product is not as high considering she uses not as often as a common antiperspirant. Maybe if your problem is not thatserious, you may use a common antiperspirant, in other case I recommend you to go to the dermatologist. In my country is not difficult to get this products over the counter without prescription, but i'd rather ask for a physician's advice. Hope that your problem could be easily solved.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-1-21 01:27
| Show all posts
Botox injections for hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) work on hands

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 08:47
| Show all posts
Wash more frequently with a stronger soap/handwash and don't moisturise. Use a hand sanitiser with alcohol to remove any oils. I would recommend a hoop so there is less contact with the hands

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:00
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 15:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.046495 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list