| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 514|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Help finding correct fabrics. So confused! Help?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-12-27 21:28
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hey all!

I'm about to embark on a new project, but am having trouble figuring out what type of fabric is described, and where to get it.  I'm still fairly new to the cross-stitch world, though only in some of the technical products out there.  

The fabric described was "22-count canvas" and is being used to make doll rugs.  I at first assumed they meant an evenweave or linen, but after seeing the following picture, I am uncertain about my assumption:

22 count canvas confused.jpg

The back of the rug shown it looks like is the same type of fabric used on the front...and that defintely doesn't look like linen or evenweave to me.

Can any of you identify what I'm supposed to be using?  And hopefully, where I can buy some?  (Online purhcase places are definitely okay!  :) )

My thanks for any help offered!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-12-28 00:32
| Show all posts
It looks like needlepoint canvas.  Which is a lot stiffer than evenweave or linen.   It's usually 100% cotton.  

Take a look around for needlepoint canvas.  I've only ever used Penelope canvas which is a 12ct.  You can use a different canvas or linen to make the item, but it may not last as long if you use the lighter fabric and the larger holes in the needlepoint canvas makes it so much easier to stitch.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-28 23:57
| Show all posts
Very nice thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-4 03:01
| Show all posts
:)Thank you !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:53
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 23:39 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049943 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list