Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Slige
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Using Tablet or Computer to stitch

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-5-20 18:47
| Show all posts
I use goodnotes app on the ipad for cross stich  - it's great no need to print out charts anymore also use knitcompanion for knitting this one is great also
wouldn't be without them

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-26 03:26
| Show all posts
I stitch from my laptop and I use a repaint to stitch from - PM4. I can make the pattern a big as I want, I can choose my own symbols and I can easily mark  and count the stitches I have done. With PM4 is my work faster.
I print out a pattern for small things like bookmarks or something like that, I take it on playground or in car...

Comments

Marking stitching progress? I add some color, which is not originally in pattern (very often 3845) and I change color of stitched crosses in it. How many stitches I did I can see in Usage Report.  Post time 2016-10-18 00:05
I have tried to do that also, but apart from highlighting the thread/symbol I am stitching, I don´t know how to mark the stitching progress. Could you tell how you do it and which software you use??  Post time 2015-8-7 23:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-31 02:58
| Show all posts
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab and I downloaded a pdf reader on it, called xodo.
Then I just mark of with a stylus :)
LOVE it :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-2 14:50
| Show all posts
I always use my laptop - I can enlarge the photo or pdf and it's almost always in colour. Unless I have pattern in a magazine ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-18 01:12
| Show all posts
I only print if I am taking a small project with me, otherwise I use my iPad.  :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-30 02:44
| Show all posts
after i learned to use my laptop to see patterns and embroidery i have never gone back to using paper, because i can enlarge it, mark it or delete smoothly, and use the ipad when i travel :) for me is more easy.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-2 19:19
| Show all posts
I always use my iPad to follow the stitches that I have done, for me the application new.Annotate+ works like a charm.  It has a small cost but worth it !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 03:55
| Show all posts
I have bad sight, and I don't stitch with my glasses on, but I can't use the monitor without. So I print everything out and don't plan to change this.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 09:57
| Show all posts
I print mine because I don't like using the computer/tablet/laptop from my comfy stitching spot :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-10 10:07
| Show all posts
I am still trying to figure out how to get my paper pattern transferred to my iPad.  I did make a working copy of the pattern, then cut it in quarters and ran it through an enlarging copy machine.  But I'd love to have it on my iPad, and will figure it out eventually.

Comments

you can scan them and send the images to iPad, but the problem is that you won't be able to search for symbols, because they won't be recognized, and you will be able to mark the stitches that you've  Details Reply Post time 2015-7-20 04:04

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 01:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055529 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list