[Tips Discussion] Saving and Wasting Thread

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-6-22 15:26
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Rapsy

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-6-20 15:48

I have a big glass vase that I put all of my threads in.  When I just need to do one stitch, which o ...

Let the good times roll!  You should try to start a stitch'n'bitch for local stitches that meet at the store once a week.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 04:14
| Show all posts
Edited by imuni55 at 2015-7-5 04:16

I bought a little basket in which I keep my needles. When I work, I single out the color variations (all red used on the dress, or greens for bushes etc.), then I assort them from light to dark, or backwards. Then I write this order on the sheet of printed design, add the symbols and mark the "dark" and "light" ends. And then I just put the needles in the cushion in the same order as on the sheet, then I can just count to find the correct needle. And I don't remove the thread from the needle.
Also there's a balance of the thread length. If it's too short, you waste too much. If it's too long, it frays and knots. I prefer around 1 m long - it's quite a lot, but I like it that way.
For Dimensions I do the same, just keep the needles in the organizer (stick them into the foam rubber in the organizer).

This is the basket with my stitching accessories

This is the basket with my stitching accessories

This is the picshion with violets and blues

This is the picshion with violets and blues

And part of the sheet with numbers and symbols written for those violets and blues

And part of the sheet with numbers and symbols written for those violets and blues

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 09:55
| Show all posts
I am not as stingy as I should be with my thread I think?  I don't do kits often because I have had that problem in the past with running out of thread and not having the number or name, so I just skip them all together.  I don't look at them even, so I can't be tempted either :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:50
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 03:05
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 00:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052192 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list