View: 2883|Reply: 38
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Your Tips for stitching faster

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-6-22 09:04
| Show all posts |Read mode
wanting to know peoples tips for faster stitching

My tips are:
  • using a frame and stand - two handed stitching.
  • gridding and parking
  • having threads sorted and precut - grab quickly
  • sharp scissors

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-10-17 23:59
| Show all posts
Great tips, thank you. I enjoy process too, but one work in year is not good, I want more.
My help is PM4 - I stitch directly from screen. I highlight one color - it is easier for me follow it in pattern and I make less mistakes. I change symbols and magnify pattern too.
And I change color of stitched crosses in pattern (in 3845 for example) - so I can see in usage table, how much I made that day (400 is good, 600 better, 1000 is whole day stitching, but even 200 is allright). It is very motivating for me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 20:08
| Show all posts
update: I cannot stitch faster with a frame, I use the sewing method, it´s much easier and I need to feel the fabric in my fingers... I don´t care about wrinkles in my fabric, becaus it´ll be washed after finishing and ironed!  I always have my tools in a little bag, my projects are in a big ziplock bag (each) so I easyli can jump from one to another

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-24 17:20
| Show all posts
i heard that it's much faster if you use a software called Crossty, cause you don't need to waste time in searching small marks, especially when you're doing some big work like HAE. But this software requires .pat or .xsd.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-22 04:56
| Show all posts

I think ive seen these needles , called self threading needles, great tip!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-23 17:40
| Show all posts
basically all this... also, the smaller the count the sharpest i like my needle. I do also use a different highlighter each day to mark the pattern, this way I know how much i've done

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:42
| Show all posts
hoop is faster than frame because I am more comfortable with one hand stitching. Keeping games away from my eyes are the best way to focus and accelerate...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-7 15:35
| Show all posts
Snel borduren hoeft voor mij niet meer het is een ontspannen tijdverdrijf en ik wil dat het mooi geborduurd wordt, bedankt voor het delen van de tips

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-11 17:31
| Show all posts
Flirti

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-4-7 20:08

update: I cannot stitch faster with a frame, I use the sewing method, it´s much easier and I need t ...

thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-27 03:19
| Show all posts
I may have to invest in a stand. I think the two-handed stitching is an excellent idea. I've always just held the work loose, or in a hoop.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 09:04
| Show all posts
Thread multiple needles. I prefer a hoop always. Highlight pattern. Try not to rush, too many mistakes made from experience.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-22 12:13
| Show all posts
I definitely do the two handed stitching.  That is heaps faster.  And gridding!   And coloring in what I've stitched so I don't waste time looking for my spot.

Also, when I park, I make a note on my pattern so I know a parked thread is there. That helps with any confusion, in case I mis-park a thread.   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-26 01:53
| Show all posts
I use the loop method for a quick start, needle minders (I used to be constantly looking for where I stuck my needle).  I've just started highlighting what I have stitched and that seems to help a lot as well.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-27 05:21
| Show all posts
I thread a lot of needles of the same color if I know there are a lot of that color stitches in the area I am working on.
I color in my work as I go on my chart.
I use a floor stand.
I just recently started using a laying tool to have my stitches lay side by side.  It is faster than the railroading or untwisting my thread.
I also enlarge my pattern and I have lots of pairs of reading glasses around.  I can't stitch w/out them.
I hope this helps.

Comments

I couldn't get used to the laying tool for cross stitch. so I had to go back to railroading! Though I have no problem using it if I am working on hardanger or anything with satin stitches. :)  Post time 2015-7-3 17:01

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-2 17:51
| Show all posts
stupid question from a beginner (i'm thinking about starting.. not sure)
what is gridding?
and two-hand stitching, you mean, you use your left hand AND right hand to stitch?? wow.

Comments

Two hand stitching is usually used if you have your stitching in a frame/on a stand. That way both your hands are free so you have one hand on top of the fabric and the other underneath.  Post time 2015-7-3 17:11
Katie, gridding is where you mark up a grid on your fabric of 10 by 10 or 5 by 5 sitches with a non-permanent fabric marker (I use a water soluble one). It helps in placement of your stitches.  Post time 2015-7-3 17:09

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-3 17:21
| Show all posts
Gudrunhart, thanks a lot!.. i imagined you like geniuses doing 2 "x" at the same time with each hand! lol... looks like a have a lot to learn before starting.. i only know how to do the "x" and nothing else ... i will take my time i think.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-14 22:50
| Show all posts
I don't need to go quicker.  I just enjoy the process for what it is.:)  Watching TV at the same time can lead to a problem....LOL

Comments

Pareil! j'aime broder, pourquoi sa dépêcher? sauf si un autre ouvrage en attente fait battre mon cœur  Details Reply Post time 2015-8-25 20:21
I'm the same I am more process oriented than aiming for the product, that is why I sometimes do one picture for a year.  Details Reply Post time 2015-7-27 00:25

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-15 03:21
| Show all posts
I stitch with 2 hands when it's convenient, I don't change needles (each color has its own needle), I have a copy of my design and mark off everything that I already stitched.
That's all, I think. But, generally, I don't try to stitch faster, because I do enjoy the process ))))

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-15 11:09
| Show all posts
These are all very useful tips , I find that sometimes the fabric has more of a say then I appreciate :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-17 22:38
| Show all posts
I use most of these tips but parking is one thing I need to practice more before it becomes natural to me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 04:43 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.087999 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list