Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Slige
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Frogging

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-7-29 19:01
| Show all posts
When quilting if I make a mistake with stitching on the sewing machine, I use the finest crochet needle to break and remove stitches.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-16 20:38
| Show all posts
;P my motto exactly ... I dont do frogging - I changed the pattern

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-21 19:51
| Show all posts
getting a new meaning of FROG lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-22 23:53
| Show all posts
I use a seam ripper to frog. If it’s only a small mistake, I may just change the pattern a little

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-2 12:03
| Show all posts
I try to avoid it, but if it's something noticeable sometimes it can't be avoided. When I can, I try to kind of 'undo' my stitches, really carefully pulling out what I did one cross at a time so I can reuse the floss. If it's too hard to get it out or it more than a few rows of work, then I go to straight up frogging.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 09:24
| Show all posts
I always frog when I make a mistake.  Hopefully I catch it sooner rather than later

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-10 15:23
| Show all posts
I always frog any mistake, my mother taught all of us girls to have pride in our work. If I was to leave a mistake I would see it every time I looked at the framed picture

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-27 01:14
| Show all posts
I will frog depending on what the pattern is, how many stitches I need to rip out and how the already in place stitches around the mistake look before frogging.  I do change the pattern sometimes. ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-3 23:42
| Show all posts
Edited by alpacastitcher at 2020-7-3 23:45

1. Find the mistake. If it can be fixed/worked around without frogging then don't frog.
2. If it can't be fixed or you can't find the mistake, frog.
3. If the mistake takes ripping out a huge section, but you are close to the end of the project then its worth it to fix.
4. If you are near the start of a project, sometimes ripping all of it out is the best option.
5. If you are suddenly stricken with so much grief that you can't even look at your project anymore, put it away and decide what to do another day.

I hope the frog stays away!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 08:26
| Show all posts
I'm a perfectionist and can't stand mistakes, but if its not going to affect the rest of the pattern, I wouldn't worry. But if it throws the entire thing off-kilter, I'd frog

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 04:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.047800 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list