| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 5458|Reply: 65
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Favorite knitting needles to use?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-12 09:28
| Show all posts |Read mode
what are your favorite knitting needles to use?

staright / circular
metal/ bamboo/ plastic

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-2-18 07:59
| Show all posts
I have a small set of sharp stainless steel  Hiya Hiya interchangable circulars, but since I tried the ChiaGoo Red Lace stainless steel  circulars, I love them and I regret that I have not decided for the ChiaGoo set when I bought my needle set.  Although  - or because - the tips are extremly pointed, I barely split the thread with the needle when knitting.  I really enjoy knitting with the two ChiaGoos which I own so far and I'm dreaming of a small ChiaGoo Twist Red Lace set now.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-21 07:53
| Show all posts
I prefer interchangeable needles and the material of the needle tips that I choose depends on the fiber content of the yarn.  Smoother needles (like metal) for non-slick yarns, and bamboo or wood for slicker yarns. I almost never use straight needles for anything but I do use dpns for things like the crowns of hats.  Generally, my favorites are Karbonz,or other carbon fiber needles, but again, it depends on the fiber content of the yarn.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-1 21:13
| Show all posts
Depends on yarn if its slippy then i want my bamboo if not then small ordinary pony straight if not pony circular hate interchangeables they all unscrew for me and  i'm not a snob in needles or yarn like the LYS owner who won't stock anything unless expensive how ever good it is she has lasted 2 years spent all her retirement funds and now closing. If it does the job then that what i need

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-7 07:41
| Show all posts
I have all kinds but I am finding that I really like using the addi turbos (metal) the yarn just glides over them. I have bamboo in every size possible and am slowy adding stock of the Addi turbos. If at all possible I work on circular needles instead of 4 needles. It just seems to prevent any lag where needles change and if you are worried about tension work inside out.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-5 00:42
| Show all posts
I love my Knitter's Pride Platina CUBICS Special interchangeable tips.  The specials are 3.5" long and can be used to make a 16" circ and my gauge is much more even using the cube (square) shape.  I dislike wooden needles and much prefer a really pointy metal tip.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-8 22:47
| Show all posts
I use circulars for everything, even flat knitting.  Bought a full set of Chicagoo's and I'm in love. They are metal.  I like the yarn to flow smoothly and I don't find that happens with bamboo.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-6 02:00
| Show all posts
Yo utilizo agujas circulares de plástico y de bambú.. Desde que las probé no utilizo otras, antes utilizaba las rectas pero si estaba mucho tiempo tejiendo me dolían las manos y muñecas muchísimo, con estas ni me entero..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-13 08:15
| Show all posts
circular and metal. i like zings and also Hiya hiya sharps. Hoping to get a full set soon but I currently have a set of knit picks metal interchangeables. i absolutely love interchangeables

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-15 01:07
| Show all posts
I prefer wooden needles because they just feel better in my hands. I am okay with metal needles, but some days the sound of the needles hitting each other drives me crazy. Some days not lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-12 12:46
| Show all posts
Interchangeable, circular, metal needles. I thiink bamboo must be very sticky. What about you?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-7-12 13:07
| Show all posts
I like bamboo, very smooth and light

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-16 11:15
| Show all posts
I love interchangable circs, favorites are knitpicks. I swear by them. I've only had one cable break at the join and it was a 60" I was using for a blanket. Material just got too heavy.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-16 18:36
| Show all posts
Edited by ana nunes at 2015-7-16 10:37

I prefer metal, they are light and slick, and contrary to a friend of mine's opinion they are not cold, because they get hot with our hands's own heat. I got an intergangeable set from knitpro (Nova Metal) and I'm deligthed with them. I tried bamboo normal needles because they are so pretty but I find them slow to work with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-16 21:02
| Show all posts
Lightweight aluminium circular needles. I've tried bamboo circulars but the plastic 'tubing' in the middle either comes away or breaks off. I have the alu ones in short, medium and long................:lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-18 07:44
| Show all posts
Interchangable circulars. Usually bamboo but I bought a set of metal for sock knitting and really love them too!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-19 07:22
| Show all posts
I am addi turbo girl, interchangeable  Regular turbos, not too fond of the a ddi lace.  I like the slickness of the knit picks and they are very pretty but the joints unscrew for me all the time:(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-1 09:44
| Show all posts
I like bamboo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-1 21:41
| Show all posts
I re-taught myself to knit using straight bamboo needles. But currently I tend to go for circular, metal needles. If I keep on knitting, I'll definately buy interchangeable needles!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 01:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.098234 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list