Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
Author: devra
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Square knitting needles?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-12-31 08:41
| Show all posts
I find they are comfortable to use. However, I changed to working on circulars for all my knitting, even if the work is flat.  This way it will save in the long run on how many needles you have to purchase.  The interchangeable ones are the best kind of circulars. That way you only have to purchase different length of cables.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-13 21:40
| Show all posts
I bought the Kollage interchangeable set as a present to my mom, after a knitter at my knitting circle raves about them. My momlikes them enough, but isn’t crazy about them. I have tried them on one project and, contrary to the intended use, put my fingers on the corner. I guess I’m not used to them? Anyway, your mileage may vary!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-20 05:48
| Show all posts
I have tried the square knitting needles and determined that they were not the right kind of needles for me.  When I knit when not looking at my hands, I use the curve of the needle to help find out where the stitches are.  With the square needles, I found I couldn't find the stitches properly without looking.  If you have a chance, try them at a store before you buy.  Most knit shops will have needles that you can try before you buy.  It is a very personal thing, buying knitting needles because each knitter has their own way of knitting, and preferences for feel.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-27 22:31
| Show all posts
I own a Prym set which I purchased on a whim. I am very happy with them but do not "feel" any extreme difference to the traditional ones.
The set I have is pricey but to be honest I wouldn't recommend these needles for the reason that, as I said, to me they feel like the round ones.
Save up your money.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-5 05:01
| Show all posts
I have one pair of Cubics from Knit pro, and I don´t like them so much. They are hollow! Once I got one totally bent when I was tightening it to the cable... It took me ages to repair it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-13 14:06
| Show all posts
I use them all the time for all my knitting. You get a really nice tension with them and they are comfortable to use.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-17 20:09
| Show all posts
Hello!
I have tried them and I really don't recommend. I find them really unconfortable...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-21 05:37
| Show all posts
I bought a set of Cubics interchangeables shorter tips which are square and made of wood. I like them and use them when I need wood because of slippery yarn fiber content.  I like them just fine.  I have interchangeable tips of all material types, but the only interchangeables complete set I've ever bought were the Cubics.  I think somewhere i have some Kollage fixed circular square needles. Those are of metal and I remember that I liked them, too, although right now I am not sure where they are in the chaos of my house!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-3 06:48
| Show all posts
never heard of them

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-20 01:23
| Show all posts
never tried that

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 08:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.039465 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list