| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1131|Reply: 21
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Help! Forgot to cast on 2 stitches...

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-10-27 11:06
| Show all posts |Read mode
in the under arm area of the sleeves of the raglan sweater I'm working on, will it really make a difference? (I mean it's just 2 stitches right?) Can I just add 2 M1's as a fix?   (because I really don't feel like unknitting :curse:)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2015-11-14 06:51
| Show all posts
I just missed casting on 1 stitch out of 164 so I just picked up a bar between two cast on stitches making sure it wasn't on the end. I was doing a german twisted cast-on and got all twisted up.  Tricky to do when you're used to doing just a German cast-on.  Had to watch the youtube about 6 times before I understood what was going.  Not sure if the picked up stitch will show but I hope not as it is the edge of a hat/beanie (insert frown & eyeroll here) curse:

Comments

Good luck with that (I don't even know what a german twisted cast-on is LOL) Off to you tube to check it out.  Post time 2015-11-14 09:17
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-2-17 07:32
| Show all posts
Looking forward to this matter too

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-18 05:48
| Show all posts
Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-6-14 22:34
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-8-9 11:39
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 09:37
| Show all posts
It depends on the ply (and give) of the yarn & whether the pattern you are working on will be affected by those stitches. Is your garment a loose fit or is a tightly-fitting garment. Are you doing a fair-isle knit or is it an aran/cable?  Generally, I dont think its a big deal to M2 extra stitches and incorporate them into your work but it depends how far along you have already knitted. Perhaps you can share a pic with us, Devra?

Comments

I haven't been knitting very long so nothing so fancy as fair-isle or cables lol ...I had already divided for the sleeves and started on the body when I realized I'd forgotten to cast on the extra 2 s  Details Reply Post time 2015-10-28 11:08

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 09:48
| Show all posts
For me it would depend on the area.  If it's under the arm and it's stockinette stitch then I would do two hidden increases in the middle and not worry about it.   If it's a patterned piece (fair isle or aran) and will show then I would take it back to where I made the mistake.  

Comments

Thank you!  Details Reply Post time 2015-10-28 11:09

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 10:19
| Show all posts
2 stitches only would make a real difference in my opinion if you are using a textured pattern such as a cables or i fairisle and in those cases you would just have to add them back in for continuity sake  of the pattern (you don't have to unravel it if it's hidden under the sleeves). You could still add them for plain st st but no one will probably know the difference except you :)

Comments

Thank you...no way was I going to unravel all that lol  Post time 2015-10-28 11:11

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-10-28 11:08
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Pipsqueak

2015-10-27 20:37

It depends on the ply (and give) of the yarn & whether the pattern you are working on will be affect ...

I haven't been knitting very long so nothing so fancy as fair-isle or cables lol ...I had already divided for the sleeves and started on the body when I realized I'd forgotten to cast on the extra 2 stitches...I am using two strands or super fine ply (1) , with some give, so I'm hoping if I add the M1's under the arms it won't be noticeable?

Comments

*Sorry didn't realise I'd hit reply instead of Comments  Post time 2015-10-28 11:12

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-10-28 11:09
| Show all posts

CraftyLouAnna

2015-10-27 20:48

For me it would depend on the area.  If it's under the arm and it's stockinette stitch then I would  ...

Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 11:25
| Show all posts
Nah...don't bother unravelling it...unless you plan on pointing to your underarm all the time and asking people if they can tell...lol

Comments

LMAO!  Post time 2015-10-28 11:27

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
devra + 2 Just for making me laugh :D

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-28 11:32
| Show all posts

tricialynn

2015-10-28 11:25

Nah...don't bother unravelling it...unless you plan on pointing to your underarm all the time and as ...

After all the worrying about those 2 stitches you probably needed a good laugh :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-3 11:37
| Show all posts

tricialynn

2015-10-28 11:25

Nah...don't bother unravelling it...unless you plan on pointing to your underarm all the time and as ...

Thank you for the gold coins...now remember keep your armpits down...lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 19:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069152 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list