Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1339|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

Cross Stitch Software

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2016-2-25 03:23 |Read mode
This may be a stupid question, but left unasked would be even dumber on my part.  I've seen several repaint patterns in different software programs.  To download them do you need to have each kind of program installed on your computer?  My husband is the technical one on my family and he's out of town right now.  If anyone has a few minutes to explain the nuances of downloading repaint patterns I would greatly appreciate it:D

Comments

Old topic  Post time 2017-6-4 03:54

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
evenflo09 + 6 Great question!
thestitchercat + 4 Interesting question

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-2-25 03:31
| Show all posts
The answer is yes. I mean, if you see a repaint pattern with a .pat extension you can only open it with the pcstitch program and you should have it insialled on your pc. The same is for .xsd files in repaint patterns. You can only open them with pattern maker program and it also needs to be installed on your pc

Comments

Both Programs can be downloaded in the cross stitch software department  Post time 2016-2-25 04:52

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
evenflo09 + 6 Usefull

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-25 05:06
| Show all posts
thestitchercat 2016-2-24 12:31
The answer is yes. I mean, if you see a repaint pattern with a .pat extension you can only open it w ...

Thanks so much for making some sense out of this for me, really appreciate it.

Comments

The support is one of the things that has kept me coming back  Details Reply Post time 2016-2-27 23:59
you're welcome and by the way we're here to help one another ;)  Post time 2016-2-27 17:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-27 13:05
| Show all posts
Everybody is right. For repaints I have this on my computer:
PCS7 for .pat files
PM4 for .xsd files
PCS10 for .pat files.
The PCS10 is the latest version of the PCS software but.... it will only open PCS10 repaint files. It won't open patterns made with any of the earlier versions of PCS. I have the PCS7 version even though there are several different ones. I have found that I sometimes have a glitch with a few of the other versions when I try to open them in MyriaCross converter, so I've just always stuck with what I know works since I almost always use the PM4 for making and opening repaints. You can download any or all of them like Fox01 said and see what you like best. Some love the PCS maker for repaints and others love the PM4. It's just a personal choice on what works best for you. :)

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
thestitchercat + 4 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-27 23:59
| Show all posts
Darcyandrick 2016-2-24 14:06
Thanks so much for making some sense out of this for me, really appreciate it.

The support is one of the things that has kept me coming back:)

Comments

Me, too, for sure!!  Post time 2016-2-28 00:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-8-21 03:53
| Show all posts
Yes  you need  both types and if you  download a rar file you need a rar opener to open it

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 18:38
| Show all posts
You can use Crossty on iPad for xsd files and goodreader and Ezpdf for pdf files.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 03:21 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.110848 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list