| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Spyctre
Collapse the left

You know how so many of us complain about high prices?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-1-15 00:52
| Show all posts
I am fairly new here and really don't understand the prices. For example: Pattern says Price: 25 Gold Coin. Download Cost: Gold Coin 199. Why does it have 25 and then 199. That is totally confusing to me. What would I actually be charged?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-15 12:55
| Show all posts
TO Karin
My replies aren't showing, so I hope this doesn't just repeat everything I've already said.  Charts are recycled if they are already uploaded here, or if there is a problem. If it is an xsd you cannot upload it to the scanned section. It is easy to split rar file into parts and then you don't have to resize them.
You should able to see your own thread after it is approved.
The one that you charged 150 for may have been uploaded earlier by someone else and that is why it is a different size and price. As far as I know they don't change anything on uploads. Can you see the date it was uploaded?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-15 13:02
| Show all posts

the site gets 199 for repaints, 30 for regular charts (30 per file so it can add up). The person can charge a fee example 25 . So you have to pay both the site charge and the person's fee to download. That's why people are unhappy when other users charge 100, 200 or more gold coins per pattern. When a pattern is too much I go search for it elsewhere. I don't like to encourage people to be greedy on a share site.
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-15 13:40
| Show all posts
I agree ! I would be happy if they would put a limit. Say 50 coins for a single pattern or 100 for a book or magazine. I don't need more patterns but sometimes I just want them. And because I refuse to give in to the high prices I end up finding the pattern I was looking for elsewhere plus 10 more! I am addicted to collecting

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-1-15 22:54
| Show all posts
Karin, it sounds like you uploaded something that was already on the site.  I did that once.  I searched and searched for one book, didn't find it, and decided to upload several charts from it.  Immediately recycled!  I couldn't view it because I think only mods could?

I didn't know repaints were 199, too.  If something was from etsy, I'm surprised it wasn't a PDF or JPEG.  How many people have the program to view the weird file?  Bad marketing strategy.  I know that the site site also charges a kind of tax for things, and it is 10%-ish.  If you charge 50-59, they take 5 points.  If you charge 60-69, they take 6.  30-39, they take 3.  Etc.

Also recycled patterns are a lot to download to discourage people from downloading them.

Comments

What's the name of it?  Post time 2017-1-23 22:43
It was a pdf from Etsy, but the pattern itself looks like xsd pattern. I don't know why.  Post time 2017-1-23 09:06

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-1-15 22:56
| Show all posts
Karin, it sounds like you uploaded something that was already on the site.  I did that once.  I searched and searched for one book, didn't find it, and decided to upload several charts from it.  Immediately recycled!  I couldn't view it because I think only mods could?

I didn't know repaints were 199, too.  If something was from etsy, I'm surprised it wasn't a PDF or JPEG.  How many people have the program to view the weird file?  Bad marketing strategy.  I know that the site site also charges a kind of tax for things, and it is 10%-ish.  If you charge 50-59, they take 5 points.  If you charge 60-69, they take 6.  30-39, they take 3.  Etc.

Also recycled patterns are a lot to download to discourage people from downloading them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-22 21:39
| Show all posts
This site saves me so much real world money that I don't dare complain about the coin cost of anything here. I am really grateful for this resource. If something is a lot to download I will let it just sit in my favorites until I know I might actually be ready to work that piece, otherwise I will download things I like right away just to keep in my secret stash.  

Comments

I just wish things were cheaper so I could be infinitely greedy!  Post time 2017-1-22 23:29
And that's why I don't complain too often! lol I have found charts here that go for so much more because they are OOP or just popular!  Post time 2017-1-22 23:28
And that's why I don't complain too often! lol I have found charts here that go for so much more because they are OOP or just popular!  Post time 2017-1-22 23:26
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-22 21:41
| Show all posts
This site saves me so much real world money that I don't dare complain about the coin cost of anything here. I am really grateful for this resource. If something is a lot to download I will let it just sit in my favorites until I know I might actually be ready to work that piece, otherwise I will download things I like right away just to keep in my secret stash.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-23 08:58
| Show all posts
I don't think it was up-loaded earlier. This pattern (of MvS) of my own, it's oiginal and I don't think you can't find it on the internet. Only the xsd version is available.
I up-loaded it on the 11th january 2017. I worked a long time on it, so it's easy to read and I think it's much more worth then the 45 I get.

Before this one, I up-loaded also 2 patterns 1 HAED in a pdf (most HAED come in pdf) and An other pattern from Etsy. It looks like an xsd pattern, but it came in an pdf. Because the pdf was to big I took the pages out and made a new pdf (300 dpi) and the pdf was smaller, (I think the original is 600dpi) but these two went to recycled.

And now two patterns are lost. I did get a message it was approved from the collie pattern on the 16th of January and  from the Riolis pattern on the 19 of January, but I cant find them. If they are lost it's no problem, then I can up-load them once again if it's okay

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-2-5 18:58
| Show all posts
I'm new here so I am trying to understand everything.

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-5 10:35 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068465 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list