Search
Hot search: doll Russian ren xsdStitch
View: 314|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

Cross-Stitching Techniques

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-1-15 23:58
| Show all posts |Read mode
Just wondering how y'all go about cross-stitching.  Do y'all work only on one side or completely stab through?  Do you use frames, hoops, or nothing?

Post time: 2017-1-16 13:40
| Show all posts
I stitch one handed, stabbing all the way through, and I do complete X's, I'm not a big fan of the tent stitch. I use wooden scroll frames or q-snaps. I'm a slow stitcher but that's ok.

Comments

tent stitch is what I used to call a half cross stitch. Some people do full coverage pieces this way because it is quicker, you only do half the stitches. it looks like this //////  Post time 2017-1-24 15:00
Tent stitch?  Post time 2017-1-24 07:47
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-16 15:49
| Show all posts
I use q-snaps, hoop or frame depending on the project and usually work holding the project in one hand and stab all the way through with the other. Again my technique for the actual stitches depends more on the size of the piece and how many stitches are required in each color. At times I will do rows all to the right and then complete the stitches on the way back. In most cases I follow the pattern pretty closely.

Comments

I do all the stitches one way and complete them all going the other way. I try. It's faster for me.  Post time 2017-1-24 07:48

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-24 06:41
| Show all posts
I just found laying tools and learned about railroading. Does anyone use them to make their stitches neater? I am wanting to try them on some projects where the stitches really show.

Comments

it's a way of putting your needle between the threads to separate them before you make a stitch. It's supposed to make the stitches look neater. I haven't tried it yet  Post time 2017-1-24 14:57
What is railroading?  Post time 2017-1-24 07:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-16 04:16
| Show all posts
I always do my cross stitching using the railroad method not with a laying tool thou

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-8 02:52 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.042197 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list