Forgot password?
 Register
View: 4048|Reply: 25
Collapse the left

[Crochet] Change color in amigurumis in such a way that it is aligned

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-7-28 19:47
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello I happened to ask leave me tips or how to do the color change in amigurumis me happens that remains mur uneven:Q

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-9-1 08:41
| Show all posts
This is from LittleOwlsHut

Here is how you should do it:

Come to the point where you need to change colors. It does not matter if it is the end or the middle of a row/round. The point is that the last stitch of main color has to be finished with the new color. When you have two loops left on your crochet hook and you are about to complete a stitch (single crochet, double crochet, triple crochet, etc.), pick up the new color and finish your stitch with it. Here is our photo tutorial to make the process clearer. It describes how to change colors while working single crochet. However, the principle is the same for other type of stitches.

“A” stands for the main colour, “B” stands for the new colour.

1. Work with your main yarn up to the point where you want to change colors. Leave the last stitch unfinished. You have two loops on your hook.

2. Pick up the color B yarn, leaving a tail . Pull the color B yarn through both loops on the hook.

3. Continue working with the color B yarn. Work the next stitch as follows. Insert your hook into the next stitch and then under both the colour A yarn and the tail you have left when you joined the color B yarn. Yarn over with the colour B yarn and complete the single crochet so the colour A yarn and the colour B tail of yarn are crocheted into the fabric. Work two more stitches the same way. Make sure yarn tails that are crocheted over do not tighten the piece.

4. Cut the color A yarn and continue working with the color B yarn.

5. Leave the last stitch unfinished. You have two loops on your hook.

6. Pick up the colour A yarn, leaving a tail. Pull the color A yarn through both loops on the hook.

7. Continue working with the color A yarn. Work the next stitch as follows. Insert your hook into the next stitch and then under both the color B yarn and the tail you have left when you joined the color A yarn. Yarn over with the color A yarn and complete the single crochet so the color B yarn and the color A tail of yarn are crocheted into the fabric. Work two more stitches the same way.

8. Cut the color B yarn and continue working with the color A yarn. As you can see, you save yarn working this way, get a nice right side as all the tails remain on the wrong side of the piece. Your work is neither tightened nor misshapen.
In conclusion, we advise that you practice the technique with some scrap or leftover yarn until you are satisfied with the result and ready to practice it with your project.

You can save this article to your Pinterest board so you can always find it later.
Sorry  no pics but i do not know how

Comments

Very usefull!!Thanks  Details Reply Post time 2024-2-16 15:02
This is very similar to what I do, only I never had the idea of crocheting over color A to hide the tail, normally I just weave it in. Great tips!  Post time 2020-1-31 23:49
Hello Kess1. I find your post very, very useful! :)  Post time 2017-9-6 14:22

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
cassie_ + 1 Very helpful! Thanks!
ghiromi + 1 Thank you! :)

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-22 08:54
| Show all posts
yeah it is quiet a bummer, try to change the colour  at the last worked stitch of a round, otherwise you better go and look it up on youtube.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-23 22:23
| Show all posts
I either finish the last stitch of the row with a new color or slip stitch into the first stitch with the new color.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-16 15:02
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-2 16:42
| Show all posts
When you change to the new one, make the fist stitch of the new color is a slip stitch. Jope it helps

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-16 09:15
| Show all posts
kess1

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-8-31 21:41

This is from LittleOwlsHut

Here is how you should do it:

Thanks!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-16 12:27
| Show all posts
Thanks for the instructions helps me a lot

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-15 18:40
| Show all posts
Understanble even without pics. Thanks :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-6-13 23:08
| Show all posts
sounds interesting! following..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-30 13:44
| Show all posts
VERY NICE, THANKS

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-30 12:47
| Show all posts

Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-1 13:40
| Show all posts
thank you very much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-2 15:05
| Show all posts
อยากทราบเหมือนกันคะ

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-11 18:49
| Show all posts
gracias muy util

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-22 05:09
| Show all posts
Aprendi muito com Kessi....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 23:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077468 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list