| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 538|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

Alan Dart patterns - Rarest of the rare?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-10-6 00:19
| Show all posts |Read mode
I just want to say that I am so happy to have found here a source for Alan Dart patterns. I have bought patterns from him, and have from time to time found people were willing to share who had the patterns that are no longer in print, and to which he does not have the rights.  

A few years ago I managed to find a forum response (not on PinDIY) from someone who was a knitting editor at Woman's Weekly or maybe it's Women's Weekly.  I was trying to find a particular pattern and had been researching.  I sent a message to this editor who actually wrote me back!  She said that they had some copies of that issue (from years earlier) and that she'd tear out the pattern pages and send them to me.  And she did! She actually sent them to me in the mail!

So often his OOP patterns can only be found overpriced on eBay...at least that is what I thought before finding PinDIY!  

Prior to joining here, the rarest patterns I was able to get my hands on were the Rugrats patterns.

I'll never get them all made, of course, but I love collecting!  I did make his Christmas advent ornaments one year - the whole set!  That was exciting and fun.

Does anyone else have success stories like mine?  I know that the Beatrix Potter, Flintstones, and Alice in Wonderland patterns are all rare, and to be found here.  What is the rarest  pattern you've tried to find and found, or not yet found? He has a list on his web site of all of the patterns he's written, available from him or not, but I'd like to hear from his fans what they've actually not been able to find anywhere.  As I said, I lvoe the hunt!

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +3 Collapse Reason
tricialynn + 3 Awesome!

View Rating Log

Post time: 2017-10-9 12:24
| Show all posts
I saw in a Woman's Weekly mag at the very bottom of the page where he was supposed to do the Cheshire Cat for them but I don't think he ever made one. Now that would be one I'd want.  He did a number of toys for that magazine. I've got a couple of the actual WW mags & toys he made  but most I downloaded from here.

Comments

I just checked because I thought I'd seen it earlier. You're in luck! Alan's Cheshire Cat is here! Here's a link to it: Alan' Dart's Cheshire Cat  Details Reply Post time 2017-10-18 23:54
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-10-18 23:54
| Show all posts

I just checked because I thought I'd seen it earlier.  You're in luck!  Alan's Cheshire Cat is here!  

Here's a link to it: Alan' Dart's Cheshire Cat

Comments

Happy to help! You're very welcome!  Details Reply Post time 2017-10-19 07:27
Thank you so very much! I did a search just for "Alan Dart" & came up empty. Never thought to look another way - I downloaded it. What a wonderful pattern to add to my collection. Thanks once again :)   Post time 2017-10-19 06:51

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-10-19 07:27
| Show all posts
DehbiK

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-10-18 07:54

I just checked because I thought I'd seen it earlier.  You're in luck!  Alan's Cheshire Cat is her ...

Happy to help!  You're very welcome!  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-12-4 02:21
| Show all posts
I look for the pattern of top cat (hanna barbera) for years and finally found it here

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-4-3 11:24
| Show all posts
l love Alan Dart.  I will have to check out what patterns he has here,

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-7-15 02:07
| Show all posts
Hi brie Rushdie due Rushdie row furniture. He. Is fine visuals c so amicable c

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-7 11:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065764 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list