Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 3679|Reply: 33
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Addi FlexiFlips Anyone?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-12-15 12:45
| Show all posts |Read mode
Has anyone used the new Addi FlexiFlips?  They seem pretty cool.  

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-8-10 18:50
| Show all posts
I prefer to use ML method so I can knit 2aat or more if i’m So inclined. I woudn’t mind trying them out, but won’t buy any just to try.  I stopped using DPN’s years ago, so unless you’re a DPN fan, you may like them. One side of the tip they’re sharp the other isn’t. Gives yo an option..

Comments

I'm not a fan of dpns. I find myself knittiing really tight because I'm afraid of my needles slipping out of my stitches. I prefer 2 circs when I knit small circles.  Details Reply Post time 2018-8-21 11:45
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-16 05:17
| Show all posts
Normally, I knit socks on 2 circulars, and use DPNs for picking up and knitting the gusset stitches.  When they're gone, I'm back to my original 2 circulars.  The FlexiFlips make working with the gusset stitches a lot easier.  It took me awhile to get used to the really short tips, but they're a lot more convenient than DPNs.  But they're awfully short to hold 32 - 36 stitches, which is what you have on each side of an adult-sized sock or mitten, so they're not going to replace my circulars.  And I can't imagine having so few stitches in worsted or larger yarn that the larger FlexiFlip sizes would be very helpful - if you make lots and lots of boot socks maybe?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-16 15:29
| Show all posts
GreenWeaver 2017-12-15 18:03
IMHO, no, you'd never keep enough stitches for TAAT socks on an 8" needle, and all of the FlexiFli ...

Totally!  Well, maybe for sleeves and hats...  Actually, I'm knitting a sweater and using 16" circulars for the sleeves.  I wonder....  I'm probably just looking for a reason to get a set of flexiflips.  *sigh*  Maybe I'll stick with the circ and buy more yarn.  ;)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-8-22 04:27
| Show all posts
clgram 2018-8-21 09:20
I can really see myself using them for sleeves as well as the crowns on hats as using DPNs there can ...

Yeah, I can see that.  I have 6" dpns in bamboo.  I rarely use them.  Honestly, I have to have no other option for finishing a project.  Actually, I was gifted some really long aluminum dpns a couple of months ago.  I think they may be 8 or 10".  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-10-12 07:56
| Show all posts
Fishys 2018-10-10 23:17
I'd like to try these but I usually use 5 dpns so I don't know if I'd be comfortable knitting with t ...

I usually knit sleeves TAAT on two circulars, the same way I knit socks.  However, I still kinda want to try these.  I don't know if I'm willing to pay for them, though... I'm kind of attached to using 2 circulars or short circulars for sleeves, socks, and necklines.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-16 10:03
| Show all posts
loveinspanish 2017-12-15 19:01
Also, I prefer to knit my socks 2 at a time, otherwise I'd never finish a pair.  TAAT socks would ne ...

IMHO, no, you'd never keep enough stitches for TAAT socks on an 8" needle, and all of the FlexiFlips are the same length - 8".  You'd have to get at least 2 sets, I think, which would more or less defeat the whole purpose of TAAT.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-30 08:58
| Show all posts
aunt 2017-12-27 18:08
I'm intrigued! I haven't used them, but I'd like to try them.

Me, too!  Although, I have to admit I don't use dpns more than I have to.  I generally prefer using 2 circulars or short circulars.  I'd like to try out the FlexiFlips to see if I like them better than regular dpns.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-16 07:35
| Show all posts
GreenWeaver 2017-12-15 13:17
Normally, I knit socks on 2 circulars, and use DPNs for picking up and knitting the gusset stitches. ...

I haven't used them, but a lady I know seems to really like them for her socks.  I've only knit socks on 2 circulars.  I wonder if the larger sizes have longer needles...

Comments

Nope - all the FlexiFlips are the same length, 8 inches.  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-16 10:00

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-8-21 11:45
| Show all posts
kitaro320 2018-8-10 02:50
I prefer to use ML method so I can knit 2aat or more if i’m So inclined. I woudn’t mind trying the ...

I'm not a fan of dpns.  I find myself knittiing really tight because I'm afraid of my needles slipping out of my stitches.  I prefer 2 circs when I knit small circles.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-3 06:56
| Show all posts
I really do like them more than DPNs, but there is one thing I don't like - you only get 3 of them in each set, which means they can only be used in place of 2 circulars, since one has to be reserved to knit the stitches off one of the others.  I'd like them better if there were 4 needles in each set.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-16 08:01
| Show all posts
Also, I prefer to knit my socks 2 at a time, otherwise I'd never finish a pair.  TAAT socks would never be possible on one set of these, would they?

Comments

IMHO, no, you'd never keep enough stitches for TAAT socks on an 8" needle, and all of the FlexiFlips are the same length - 8". You'd have to get at least 2 sets, I think, which would more or less def  Details Reply Post time 2017-12-16 10:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-16 10:00
| Show all posts
loveinspanish 2017-12-15 18:35
I haven't used them, but a lady I know seems to really like them for her socks.  I've only knit so ...

Nope - all the FlexiFlips are the same length, 8 inches.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-24 03:35
| Show all posts
YO NO LOS CONOZCO, PERO SE VEN MUY BUENOS...EN MÉXICO NO HAY.

Comments

Son muy nuevos. Tenemos que pedirlos. Las tiendas no tienenlos aqui en estado unidos.  Details Reply Post time 2018-1-6 08:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-28 10:08
| Show all posts
I'm intrigued! I haven't used them, but I'd like to try them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 21:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053150 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list