Forgot password?
 Register
Author: tonyalongshore
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] is it true

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-9-14 00:17
| Show all posts
the backing on the professional framed piece is call a "dust cover"  this does not seal against water. it is used mainly to "clean up" and finish off the back so the hardware and back is not exposed to have to look at. the whole framed piece is allowed to "breathe" and should be moisture free in doing so. If your bathroom or kitchen area is so damp that condensation gathers on the inside of a framed piece you need to look into a fan in the room not so much as worry about the framed pieces. You've got a bigger problem with home ventalation.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
nightlife + 2 useful information, thanks

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-23 09:07
| Show all posts
I used to work as a framer for embroidery and I can tell you that it is definitely true. Also, gegebee43 is correct that the framer uses materials that allows the area to "breathe" - this actually helps against mould and condensation. The best thing you can do for your embroidery is to stretch it well using acid free board as the backing, do not use adhesives instead of lacing, use an acid free mat or spacer and do not hang in direct sunlight even if you have UV protection glass. I know it sounds complicated, but it can make a big difference on how long your embroidery will look as beautiful as when you finished it. :)

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +3 Collapse Reason
nightlife + 3 excellent advise

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-10-26 04:51
| Show all posts
thanks alot like very much thanks again

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-1 10:32
| Show all posts
They say you learn something new each day and today I have done just that.. Thankyou..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-9 12:43
| Show all posts
this sharing information is excellent, thanks to Tonya, for bringing up this topic :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-2 08:09
| Show all posts
I spoke to a really great framer and you have to shop about, but the one I used framed my King Arthur using perspex instead of glass, it is just as clear but avoids accidents with glass such as scorching if caught in direct sunlight, f the piece falls by accident broken glass can damage the fabric and also protects a stitched piece from fading faster :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-11 01:20
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing with us :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-3-28 17:07
| Show all posts
Very nice ♥

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-25 05:37
| Show all posts
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-25 04:31
| Show all posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 20:10 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067462 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list