| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-1-31 21:55
| Show all posts
I use floss away bags, kept inside a plastic shoe box. Each bag has an index card inside with the floss number written on it. Front of the card is the skein, back of the card are any leftover threads from that color

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-31 21:57
| Show all posts
Oh, and when I kit up a project, I just cut some lengths of thread and loop them on a project card and write the corresponding number or symbol on the card next to the hole

Comments

Great idea esp. if you have only one skein of an overdyed or silk that needs to be shared by two different projects.  Post time 2013-12-16 13:26
I'm with Idefix -- especially if you have lots of WIPs (I have 34...) this is the only way to keep your main supply intact and also have some of each color on a thread sorter card for each project.  Details Reply Post time 2012-2-1 23:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-1 23:53
| Show all posts

I'm with Idefix -- especially if you have lots of WIPs (I have 34...) this is the only way to keep your main supply intact and also have some of each color on a thread sorter card for each project.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-2 00:38
| Show all posts
It does make things easier, and faster too, as you don't need to re-bobbin every time you change colors.

You can buy the project cards from craft stores, or simply make them with a piece of cardstock (cereal boxes are perfect for that) and a hole puncher.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-2 05:32
| Show all posts
I have one complete set on bobbins in plastic storage boxes.  Then I have an almost full extra set in skeins in plastic bags.  I only have one project on the go at a time so I just have the colours I need in a separate box and when I've finished they go back in order with the other threads.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-26 15:55
| Show all posts
I use the bobbins, I've used different ways to store the thread, but keep going back to the bobbins!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-5 00:34
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

Very nice
Good idea

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-5 03:37
| Show all posts
wrapped on bobbins with the numbers written on the bobbins then they are put in a plastic case I stold out of my husbands tackle box! :D:D:D:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-28 15:52
| Show all posts
I have mine in boxes on bobbins, spare skeins are in bags untouched.  I have a complete set in boxes and then I have another box for whatever projects threads I am working on, that I pull out at the start from the whole set.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-29 01:02
| Show all posts
I have all of mine on bobbins in plastic boxes but I am starting to think I'd like to keep the skeins whole and use them as I go. I do not like how the bobbins crease the floss. Also when I am stitching a project I take the bobbins that I need out of the boxes and put them each in their own snack size storage bag together with my needle case, scissors, fabric and pattern in my stitch bag.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-18 19:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061566 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list