| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-3-30 01:11
| Show all posts
Yo tengo los hilos en las bobinas plasticas con su numero y guardados en una caja con departamentos, y de alli voy tomando los colores que necesito para cada proyecto:)

Comments

Lo mismo hago yo !  Details Reply Post time 2012-7-13 03:37

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-1 10:31
| Show all posts
For my silks and hand dyed threads, I use Jammers cases.  I know some people have managed to store the entire DMC line in one case!!  That was by using bobbins.  Mine still hold quite a bit even without the bobbins.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-1 12:08
| Show all posts
I use the Stitch Bow system but I really like the idea of the folder with the velcro dots. May have to rethink my system

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-5 10:20
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-4 12:34
| Show all posts
I have dmc in a dmc box

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-8 17:31
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

You're a genius! I don't know if in Italy are  basball cards, maybe football cards :). thank you for the very good idea!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-9 19:00
| Show all posts
I'm old fashioned. I have 6 cases of DMC bobbins. As of last year I went through and checked off my numbers against a list from the website and am missing 8 threads. Yes the winding and organizing takes time and can be frustersting but that's the way my mom did it so that's how I do it. Its a feeling of accomplishment when I look in my boxes for a thread :-)

Comments

I know how you feel! I wind onto the bobbins too! I do it while watching TV or a movie so it doesn't seem so time consuming. Plus now that I have it done then I only have to do it as I replace the   Post time 2012-6-20 03:30

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-10 07:36
| Show all posts
The way I organized mine was put them on those floss bobbins with the number then place them in clear plastic boxes (I used the ones that are found in the sporting goods section of a store, Tackle Box). In numerical order. Then put a card taped to the top of what colors are in there and how many.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-11 14:12
| Show all posts
I put them on small cards sorted by number

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-14 05:59
| Show all posts
I wish mine was organized.  Right now I have the floss I'm using on a project in a ziploc bag with the chart, all the rest of the floss is just tossed into a box.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 14:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050768 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list