| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-8-4 19:29
| Show all posts
bonne idée la boîte de céréales !!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-4 22:05
| Show all posts

That is the best idea for storing floss I've ever seen!  I have mine all on bobbins but I may gradually switch to this.  Thanks!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-5 11:08
| Show all posts
I use plastic bobbins and clear bobbin cases.  Bobbing winding is annoying, so I only wind the next 2-3 colors I plan to use.  I cut out the printed numbers from the DMC wrapper and tape that to the bobbin.  Unused skeins are stored in plastic baggies (small ziplocks) organized by color (reds and pinks in one bag, blues in another, yellows and oranges in a third, etc...).  I use Floss Away bags for my silks.  I'll be the first to admit that it's not the best system, but it works for me.  Although having read about the baseball card holder storage system, I may just give that a try.  It looks fantastic.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-17 09:44
| Show all posts
The plastic pages with Velcro dots is pure GENIUS!

I keep my silk floss (spools) in Jammer boxes. I use Thread Drops for skeined flosses once I've opened the skein to use in a project.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-26 16:00
| Show all posts
I have bought myself a tallboy with narrow drawers to store all my threads on plastic cards its a beautiful piece of furniture and keep it close to where I stitch

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-28 07:39
| Show all posts
I must admit to being a thread junkie .... and I use most of the systems mentioned here except the stitchbows and the tallboy. Currently, I have 5 boxes DMC, 4 boxes Anchor - all wound on bobbins and in number sequence. I then have another box with Krenik reels of braids etc. My speciality threads (Needle Necessities, Silk n Colours, WDW et el) are stored in ziploc baggies ... big ones :) according to brand. Two shoes boxes hold my madeira, and I store all the remainders from kits, projects etc in ring binders on punched project cards. I also use two large plastic tubs to store all my balls of perle threads as I do a lot of of hardanger etc. My current projects are kept either in smaller ziplocs or small project boxes, with the exception of a hardanger tablecloth which is kept in a large zippered wallet (because of the size) and my bobbin lace work which is kept on the lace pillow, and covered with a cloth. Please don't get me started on how my other thread work stuff is organised (knitting, crochet etc) as I really need a bigger house :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-28 12:35
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

very creative, thanks for sharing this! ;D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-29 00:45
| Show all posts
I have my threads all on bobbins and replace when needed and I also have a excel spreadsheet of all the colours I have, so when I start a new project I know which ones I need etc....I am a geek when it comes to organising my cross stitching :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-29 05:01
| Show all posts
I have my skiens organized in numerical order in a workshop unit with small drawers meant for nuts and bolts and other various parts. I have it labelled on every drawer

I eventually want to wind them on bobbins but just have not bothered to spend the time to do so.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-29 10:48
| Show all posts
DMC by number. Silk by color.  Specialty threads by brand.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 22:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056150 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list