| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-8-7 01:32
| Show all posts
Yo los tengo en tarjetas de plástico con su numero pegado en la tarjeta y puestos de forma correlativa en una caja, así solo tengo que seguir los números cuando empiezo una labor. Y para tener los que huso con la labor, tengo una cajita organizadora pequeña.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-9 11:05
| Show all posts
Great idea!  I have been winding mine around the cardboard bobbins and then changed to the plastic bobbins as they ran out.  I store mine in a double-sided plastic container that is used to store small model cars.  The locks stay tight and I can just flip from one side to the other to find my colors since they are in numerical order.  It took me forever to wind all those colors the first time to get all of the DMC colors, but still had room left over for needles, scissors, etc.
Floss Holder5.JPG

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-9 11:13
| Show all posts

This is a great solution!  Thank you for sharing!  I have mine on bobbins in boxes but there is no way to separate certain threads and, everytime I insert a new thread, it shifts all the other bobbins around.  This solves both of those problems!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-11 15:05
| Show all posts
I use bobbin, but I think it takes lot of time to wind. What's about using a zip bag? You just  have to put floss into it and zipppppp. Done :P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-13 22:23
| Show all posts
xsmom214 replied at 2011-8-2 04:02
I'm done winding...forever  My DMC is on bobbins but as I replace them, I've been leaving them as  ...

I do the same!  I organize mine by their numbers, that way, when I need a certain color, I just go by the numbers!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-14 11:28
| Show all posts
quiltlady27 replied at 2011-9-5 06:42
i put my threads on small cards , made from cereal boxes with a hole on them .
i note color numbers  ...

I wind all of my threads onto a card with the number of the thread on it, then put them into Fishing - Nail- Bolt plastic boxes. I keep each series of numbers in the one box. All the 9's in one box and the 3800's in another etc. Not so many to search through when you are looking for a number.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-10 02:09
| Show all posts
Que buena idea, gracias

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-20 20:40
| Show all posts
I used to use bobbins, but hated the kinks. I recently switched to the stitchbow system, which works very well, but was expensive and takes up a lot of space (I have a full set of DMC). I wish I had seen the baseball card sheets first.  That's genius.  I don't have too many non-DMC threads, so I just keep those in a ziploc bag for now.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-11-22 03:32
| Show all posts
Asi los organizo yo!

Login/Register to enlarge

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-12-2 06:02
| Show all posts
Snack size bags.  Floss color printed on bag with a permanent marker.  I also punch a hole in the corner and use clear hole reinforcers.  When started a new project I take a few binder rings and take the bags of floss I need and sort in alphabetical order.  For blended colors I have a piece of styrofoam upon which I glue the color symbol chart.  Then I keep the blended colors threaded in the needles and placed on the symbol.  This way my blended colors are already threaded and always ready to go.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 03:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054920 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list