Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 390|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

Spanish speaking users i need help!

[Copy link]
Post time: 2020-9-13 15:41
| Show all posts |Read mode
Can anyone tell me where i can find a conversion chart for articolor threads to dmc or anchor?

Comments

old or solved topic  Post time 2020-10-13 08:30

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-9-19 19:57
| Show all posts
Yup! That is a very good choice to work on with a punch needle. :D
Nice price too. You have a good nose for this!

I read that the cloth is a bit elastic en flexible. That normally is the case with polyesters.
So if you put it in the embroidery hoop it can have the tendency to shift while you work on it and put some pressure on it.

You can fix this by taking one of the two hoops and wrap some thin cotton ribbon (not satin!) around it.
Even some thin cloth from you emergency kit will do very nicely here.
Just clamp it up girl! :)
But not too rigid. As that can leave permanent pressure marks on a polyester fabric.

Comments

I cannot thank you enough, when i found alot of the good information was in spanish, i thought i wouldnt be able to do punch needling how the instragam people i saw did! But you have helped so so so s  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-19 20:50
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-15 17:12
| Show all posts
Edited by KatharinaV-NL at 2020-9-15 09:49

So I understand you need the Articolor conversion for 3 shades of antique mauve.
Mauve is a pale shade of purple often mixed with a little hint of burgundy red :D

With a calibrated computer screen I checked those 3 digital Articolor colours + with the help of the complete colour gamma of DMC & Anchor I have here.
Of course with a colour conversion between brands it's almost never the same shade.
So the numbers below are 'advice only'.
The final choice of colours must depend on the rest of the colour palette that you already have in the pattern.

Articolor 147:
DMC Baby Pink 818. Also possible DMC Light Baby Pink 819.
There is no direct substitute in the Anchor range for Articolor 147.

Perhaps you can use Anchor Soft Carnation 271 or Anchor Light Amethyst 869.
As said it all depends on the whole of the pattern palette.
Articolor 21:
DMC Medium Antique Mauve 316
Anchor Dark Antique Mauve 1018

Articolor 22:
DMC Light Antique Mauve 3727, also possible DMC 778 Very Light Antique Mauve / DMC Ultra Very Light Shell Pink 225
Anchor Medium Antique Mauve 1017

I underlined the best substitute possibilities.

Another thing crossed my mind: 1 strand of floss is thinner than the Articolor thread.
That is the same 'problem' with Vaupel & Heilenbeck thread that is also a 'monofilament'.
You will have to experiment with using 1 or 2 strands of floss to get the evenweave fully covered.

:D Please share with us what you chose to do with your project.
I'm sure everyone would like to learn from your experience !!!

Comments

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-16 18:15
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! ❤❤❤❤  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-16 08:56
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-19 18:21
| Show all posts
Articolor thread can ofcourse be used for punch needle embroidery but it is not a first choice. Coverage of the fabric is too poor. Unless that is for the look you just wanted.
A better choice would be a more fluffy thread for that technique like a simple cheap acrylic thread used for knitting baby clothes.

Fabric like Tropico Mechanico is a good choice for punch needle emboidery though.

If you want some tips on punch needling look on YouTube.
Threading that punch needle is something you want to see done + the millimetres setting of it.
The only few things you need for punching is an embroidery hoop, a punch needle (thick or a thin one depending on the thread you choose) and pvc glue (like woodglue or mod podge) to fixate the loops on the back of the fabric.

:) Punch needling can even be done with a medical syringe + thick needle on it that is able to pass a fluffy thread. For marking the depth of the loops you just put a piece of tape around the needle.

An arts & crafts tip:
For amigurumi dolls you can punch needle hair on a piece of fabric and then sew that onto a doll. :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-19 01:22
| Show all posts
:) No problem at all. Love to help.
Love these little puzzles too!

Tropical mechanico is a 100% polyester fabric for sewing.
In Argentina (where that Articolor thread comes from) most of the times very colourful ofcourse!
It is used for almost everything like cushions, tablecloths, curtains, skirts, jackets and things like a shoulderbag for example.
See the pink tropical mechanico fabric on the photo.
You cannot cross stitch on it like we do on evenweave.

It's thicker than cotton used for a men's shirt and thinner than blue jeans fabric.
Medium weight.

If you look here: dulcecasa.com.ar/productos/cortinas-de-cocina-tropical-mecanico-bordado/
you see that the fabric is combined with a white evenweave (on the top part) that can be embroidered.
In this case it's kitchen curtains.
The colourful curtains itself are made from that tropical mechanico fabric.

Luckily this nice type of polyester fabric is widely available in almost every country at an affordable price!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

Woould this work? www spotlightstores com/sold-by-the-metre/plain-150-cm-polyester-interlock-fabric/BP80056840001-white  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-19 18:47
Thank you, it seems the pattern i was looking at is for punch embroidery (bordado chino in spanish) , but it seems all the really good tutorials and information is in spanish   Details Reply Post time 2020-9-19 10:04

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-19 20:50
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-19 19:57
Yup! That is a very good choice to work on with a punch needle.
Nice price too. You have a good n ...

I cannot thank you enough, when i found alot of the good information was in spanish, i thought i wouldnt be able to do punch needling how the instragam people i saw did! But you have helped so so so so much!

Now if only all the articolour thread got a conversion! Then i would be in heaven ! :P

Comments

I wish i could!  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-21 17:32
Haha, why not have a holiday to Argentina then to visit the sellers there! Enjoy !!!!!  Post time 2020-9-19 22:57

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-13 19:20
| Show all posts
Perhaps this is the brand you're asking about?
In my Colour Cards File I recently filed these from Articolor (from Argentina).
It's not floss but monofilament just like the Vaupel & Heilenbeck thread.
Articolor is acrylic.
As far as I know there is no conversion chart to be found (on September 2020).:'(
Maybe these colour charts help us out a bit?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

This is exactly the ones i was talking about! Thats disappointing, i cant get this floss where i am so i was hoping to get a conversion so i could still use this pattern i found   Details Reply Post time 2020-9-14 19:20

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-14 19:20
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-13 19:20
Perhaps this is the brand you're asking about?
In my Colour Cards File I recently filed these from A ...

This is exactly the ones i was talking about! Thats disappointing,  i cant get this floss where i am so i was hoping to get a conversion so i could still use this pattern i found

Comments

All i need is a conversion for articolor numbers 147, 21, 22  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-15 08:09
I think I'm able to convert the pattern for you to DMC (or Anchor if you prefer that). Just pm me the name /link of the pattern and we'll give it a try.  Post time 2020-9-15 02:15

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-19 10:04
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-19 01:22
No problem at all. Love to help.

Thank you, it seems the pattern i was looking at is for punch embroidery (bordado chino in spanish) , but it seems all the really good tutorials and information is in spanish

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-19 18:47
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-19 01:22
No problem at all. Love to help.

Woould this work?

www spotlightstores com/sold-by-the-metre/plain-150-cm-polyester-interlock-fabric/BP80056840001-white

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-13 22:06
| Show all posts
Thank you for the information!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-15 08:09
| Show all posts
kurokat 2020-9-14 19:20
This is exactly the ones i was talking about! Thats disappointing,  i cant get this floss where i  ...

All i need is a conversion for articolor numbers 147, 21, 22

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-16 08:56
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-15 17:12
So I understand you need the Articolor conversion for 3 shades of antique mauve.
Mauve is a pale sha ...

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! ❤❤❤❤

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-16 18:15
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-15 17:12
Mauve is a pale sha ...

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-9-16 20:21
| Show all posts
You're sweet reaction makes me really :loveliness: & :$ & :D !!!

Comments

Sorry to bother again but do you know what kind of fabric 'tropical mecánico' is?  Details Reply Post time 2020-9-18 23:07

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-9-18 23:07
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL 2020-9-16 20:21
You're sweet reaction makes me really  &  &  !!!

Sorry to bother again but do you know what kind of fabric 'tropical mecánico' is?

Comments

See next page!  Post time 2020-9-19 02:25

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 00:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.576625 sec., 29 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list