Register
View: 174|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

Have you ever tried

[Copy link]
Post time: 2020-10-21 05:15
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by CraftyLouAnna at 2020-10-21 05:24

taking out other peoples stitching?   I'm in the process of taking out some projects that had been started but not having the charts makes even the remote idea of finishing these a daunting task.   These stitches are single cross for every stitch...... not in a line, big jumps all over the place and they started by knotting the thread.  I have no idea how old these are as there are food stains and just yellow discoloration of the fabric.   Feel like I'm wasting my time (it has taken me days), but the sheer size of the 28 and 32ct fabric makes me want to do what I can.  And no, I'm not using a seam ripper; tried that once and ripped the fabric.... so you can see my angst.  So say a little prayer for me as I tackle more and more.  Even the floss should be washed as the white looks more off white than white in a mix of DMC and anchor.  
Tell me I'm not the only one who is insane and would do this? I also have a tablecloth and napkins that are pre-printed for embroidery.... I washed one napkin and the transfer did wash out and it looks white again.   

Am starting to laugh at myself maniacally!   I think I've lost my mind; so many items on the go, too much on my plate and I am seriously starting to worry!

Comments

Old or solved topic  Post time 2020-11-20 09:44

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-10-21 06:24
| Show all posts
очень интересно глянуть на вашу работу
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-21 08:07
| Show all posts
Ánimo que la perseverancia tiene su premio.

Comments

Not if it is going to make me cuckoo! I pulled some unfinished projects out to either work on them or pack them away for a later date. Hence the feeling of having too much on the go.  Post time 2020-10-21 10:31

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-21 23:28
| Show all posts
If none it means anything to you and you know you can't finish them I would just remove the stitches wash the fabric and use it as stash. I have a friend who trolls thrift shops and finds things like this and frogs and stashes.

Comments

I don't know for sure if she's prewashed a stamped cloth or just finished it and then washed but she's got a really impressive stash of fabrics right now.  Post time 2020-10-23 00:28
Maybe I should have sent these to her! Even the table cloth that still needs a copy or a stitch before washing. My hats off to her. It's a daunting task.  Post time 2020-10-22 00:16

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-22 04:45
| Show all posts
That's a great challenge.  Lots of things to do?  I created a list, on Excel!  So every now and then I go there and set my priorities (what I would like to do first).  Not that I achieve all the targets but I have a clear view of what needs to be done... and, of course, I change my mind all time about priorities... ahahah

Comments

oh yeah... choices, choices. Since I can't find the time to do all I want, I keep changing the priorities, so it looks like everything is moving. Who am I kidding?? ahah  Details Reply Post time 2020-10-22 21:32
I take it you suffer over choice as well?  Post time 2020-10-22 09:27
I'm in the midst of renovations as well and my get up and go took a walk when COVID hit in February. So with everyone in the house not working and distance learning, it's hard to get anything done.  Post time 2020-10-22 05:29

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-22 21:32
| Show all posts

oh yeah... choices, choices.  Since I can't find the time to do all I want, I keep changing the priorities, so it looks like everything is moving.  Who am I kidding??  ahah

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-23 04:03
| Show all posts
'Tell me I'm not the only one who is insane and would do this?'
:lol You're not the only one who is insane and would do this!!!

Comments

Some cross stitching can be saved through normal help. Other stitching can only be saved by Special Armed Forces. Your H can be proud of you! '(S)He who dares wins!'  Post time 2020-10-23 04:19
Whew......... my H thought I had lost the plot when I said I would take them.  Post time 2020-10-23 04:10

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-10-23 04:12
| Show all posts
Edited by CraftyLouAnna at 2020-10-23 04:17

Update on my progress.  I have taken out the stitching.... soaked in Zero(woolite) and oxyclean.  The food stain has faded but since it's on an edge of the bell pull piece I'm not going to worry about it.  The 32 count, must be roughly half a metre and didn't seem to be that soiled; but washed it anyway.  Will dampen these and iron them.  Will pack them away in sealed bags.  

As for the tablecloth?; I packed it up as is, to get it out of the way for the time being. Will look at it again.  I have my own tablecloth to embroider that I bought years ago that is still NIP.
Let's not touch my to do list or stashed items.

Floss will need soaking as well, but that can be done in bits here and there.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
KatharinaV-NL + 4 Great work!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-23 08:09
| Show all posts
Well, sometimes we all get caught up in trying to "fix" something.  It's happened to me when I've bought an old house.  I guess if you get a sense of self satisfaction from working on these than it's worth your time and effort to keep going.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 10:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.037447 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list