Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: Crossbones
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Anyone using q-snaps

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-6-28 14:03
| Show all posts
I use Q-snaps a lot.  They are handy and easy to use.  I don't use a stand, not into big projects yet, only 11 x 11 or less frames.  The clamps will eventually stretch out and will not snap tightly onto the fabric.  Instead of buying new clamps, I add strips of paper towel or napkin between the fabric and clamps.  No fabric damage or stain, as long as you wash your hands and handle the clamp/frame area only.  Plus I clean the frame and clamps before starting a new project.   

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-28 14:20
| Show all posts
I use Q-snaps for my smaller projects and agree that over time you can loose tension. Sometimes you can put the clamps into the dishwasher and the heat from the steam when it dries will shrink them down. Maybe next time when you wash them you could just drop them onto the top shelf of your dishwasher.  Also, if you cut strips of regular felt it also works great for giving you tension.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 09:52
| Show all posts
I currently use an 11x11 q-snap for everything. Prior to this, I used wooden scroll frames. I didn't feel like paying $$ for the single use velcro, so I would simply tape it to the dowel. But as I became more advanced, I started doing bigger projects that wouldn't fit on rollers. At least with q-snaps you can do any size project you want. And to protect the excess fabric, I made a "grime guard". It looks like a steering wheel cover.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 19:12
| Show all posts
Q-snap user, but I have never bought the larger ones to work with yet.  I have been considering the stretcher bar type on a stand but they are hard to come by here and expensive.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-9-13 14:29
| Show all posts
I love them. I have used them for several sizes of pieces. I always use a stand for larger stuff though, as I have arthritis in my hands.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-9-19 01:23
| Show all posts

What kind of floor stand do you use. I've been looking for one for my q snaps but so far haven't found one.  

Comments

I use a Giraffe Stand. I bought it years ago in one of my craft stores. I haven't seen them in a long time but they might be available online.  Details Reply Post time 2012-10-10 06:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-9 20:50
| Show all posts
Hi,I use q=snaps I have 4 sizes and I do not use any stands but to be honest the  biggest size,I find it a little bit hard to maneuver around.

Regards

cassy

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-10 06:39
| Show all posts
klweber2002 replied at 2012-9-18 17:23
What kind of floor stand do you use. I've been looking for one for my q snaps but so far haven't f ...

I use a Giraffe Stand.  I bought it years ago in one of my craft stores.  I haven't seen them in a long time but they might be available online.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-12 02:01
| Show all posts
I used a q-snaps, but do not pressure clamps. I'll try a trick I read in another post ...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-11 11:02
| Show all posts
I use the 8x8 in hand and larger in a stand

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 18:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065323 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list