Forgot password?
 Register
View: 474|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

Opinion

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2021-3-28 17:57 |Read mode
Once a pattern makes it to the forum respective category, I believe there should be no difference between downloads and coins credited.  It discourages the uploads.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2021-3-31 19:49
| Show all posts

Well, sweetie

I live in a country where having an opinion and expressing it, is one's prerogative.

For your information I have reached to my conclusions, after I discussed with moderators.  It is the moderators who put the blame on themselves and not me.  So, let me repeat:  multiple downloads per user create an issue (especially if one can re-download indefinitely) !!

To reciprocate the broadening of my horizons, please be informed that no job is all fun and no hassle.  A volunteering one is not an exception.

And finally, I do suggest a re-evaluation of your code of conduct.  I was in no way offensive, and you don't have the right to offend me, moderator or not !!!
Reply Support 0 Not support 2

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-30 05:08
| Show all posts
:) Sweetie,

Why didn't you ask a moderator first how moderating works before putting 'just' your opinion down?

The system let's a moderator pay GC for the pattern they have to moderate. That's a limit of the system. We deal with it.
And yes, afterwards there is some sort of reward, that sort of makes it even for the moderator.
But it still is goodwill-work every day for a few hours volontarily.
About downloading by moderators several times:
If there are some 50 patterns in multiple languages and with very little / wrong information in the title.... moderators have to download the pdf first to see if they speak that language.

Not every moderator can do Arabic or Russian or French or Dutch or..... so we have our own specialty.
And so we have to check a file first, pay GC to check to see sometimes that we have to let the moderating done by a collegue.

And then you moderate...
The phone rings. The cat meows. You want a cup of coffee from te kitchen.
And again you download the file, forgetting you did that already.
Or the file is corrupted and you try again downloading.

So, this is the explanation to your opinion.
I hope we broadened your horizon with this.

If you have more questions - :D honest questions are always welcome! -  send a personal message.
If the question is interesting for more people, we write a (non-opinionated) thread about it on the board.

:D At your service!

Comments

Well, sweetie I live in a country where having an opinion and expressing it, is one's prerogative. For your information I have reached to my conclusions, after I discussed with moderators. It is t  Details Reply Post time 2021-3-31 19:49

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +3 Collapse Reason
LeeBeemz + 3 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-30 02:12
| Show all posts
I can think of more reasons than the ones mentioned above for the difference between downloads and credits.  So, I believe that I have to clarify.

One moderator needs to moderate, not all of them.  Hence, if the policy is for the moderators not to pay for the downloads they do for their own benefit (and I fully understand and respect that) those downloads should be paid for by the forum.  The way it works now, it is as if the member who uploaded the pattern, supports and "pays" the forum policy.

In other words, the download for the moderation should not be considered a download at all.  But just that one download.

If a download was interrupted (for any reason), the charge of 30 gc's is not effected, therefore there is a way for the system to "know" that.  I have experienced this a multiple times.  And this is a good thing.  My question is how does the system "knows" that, but still counts the download as done ?  It shouldn't.

If a member is not just one member, but a group of members, then that "member" can effect multiple downloads with one buy, simply because the forum permits multiple downloads with one "sell".

And lastly, I am sure that if this had to do with real money and not fiction, members wouldn't be so forgetful with what they have already bought.

I rest my case :)

Comments

I only have one comment - I've liked patterns so much that I've literally purchased them more than once and it includes books. I don't have a system and am prone to forgetting just what I have. Some  Details Reply Post time 2021-3-30 05:16
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 12:42
| Show all posts
Not everyone is discouraged to upload. There are many new patterns uploaded everyday.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 03:31
| Show all posts
Maybe the download count?  This is already been explained.  

1. Moderators have to download pattern to moderate: Therefore no coins for download
2. Sometimes it takes more than 1 try to get the download due to slow PC/Device connection, so it is downloaded again: Therefore no coins
because it has already been paid for.
3. Members can re download pattern for up to a week without having to pay for it, so your download count would be out.  Sometimes we forget that we have downloaded and then download again.

Therefore the download number does not always equate to money received!

Comments

Yup, that's it!  Post time 2021-3-30 05:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-28 23:20
| Show all posts
I don't quite understand what you mean, could you please explain more clearly?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-29 15:48
| Show all posts
I agree - it's so hard

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-30 05:16
| Show all posts
AJBaldi

Login/Register to enlarge
2021-3-29 13:12

I can think of more reasons than the ones mentioned above for the difference between downloads and c ...

I only have one comment - I've liked patterns so much that I've literally purchased them more than once and it includes books.  I don't have a system and am prone to forgetting just what I have. Some companies love me LOL....  Having said that I find it interesting the post mentions being able to download for only one week without being charged again.  It is in conflict with what I was told previously, that once paid for you can download repeatedly.  Don't know which is correct.  I find it hard to search what I've downloaded to see if I have it on this site.  I usually resort to a search of my hard drive.  What I've started to do, at the suggestion of another member, is rate everything I've looked at and rate the ones I've downloaded with a different phrase - so far so good!!!

Comments

When you click on ibooks on the left topsite you can find All the things you ever downloaded here.  Post time 2021-3-31 22:55
You've been given a good tip. Another way is to create a collection, where you place all your downloaded files. Once you come across a pattern that you want to download and do not remember if you al  Details Reply Post time 2021-3-31 19:35
Yeah, the build of this website has become somewhat of a digital patchwork. But to test: I just downloaded something very old again and my GC amount is still the same.  Post time 2021-3-30 06:12

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-31 19:35
| Show all posts
TheKnitter

Login/Register to enlarge
2021-3-29 23:16

I only have one comment - I've liked patterns so much that I've literally purchased them more than ...

You've been given a good tip.  Another way is to create a collection, where you place all your downloaded files.  Once you come across a pattern that you want to download and do not remember if you already have, you will not be given the option to place it again in that collection, so you will know :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 11:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082975 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list