| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 2995|Reply: 23
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] how to use this frame?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-11-6 03:49
| Show all posts |Read mode
hi cross stitcher's friends!i just bought this frame (as showen in the picture) from another cross stitcher friend. she never used it and it was in a box.
my boyfriend put everythign together and now i want to know how to use t.
in all my years of cross stitching i always used hoops.

how do i attached the fabric to the frame? with neddels? i tried with safety pin but when i roll the fabric up, the safty pins almost penetrate the fabric whic i alreday stitched.. so it was not so good.. so i just released the fabric .. didn't want to damge the work...

Photo0060.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:45
| Show all posts
Following this thread
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 01:23
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-11-6 03:51
| Show all posts
Reply 1# sabina

i just noticed i wrote "boyfriend" and i married!! LOL!
next month is our 1 anniversery!!!! ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-6 04:31
| Show all posts
1355552boh3k1pbe6.gif I tried too this frame Sabina... But I am not succes to... Tried pin, attach even stitch... but it is very loose catch to fabric... And last I throw the corner... I am come back my sweet hoops ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-6 04:54
| Show all posts
A company called american dream products has the velcro to convert this frame. All you would have to do is pull the stapled fabric off the rods and then attach velcro to the rods.
adp-usadotcom   just go to product catalog the click on accessories.
Their product is what I use whening stitching.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-6 06:25
| Show all posts
Just like gladstone72 said, you can use velcro to attach the fabric to the rod.

Some people use a sewing machine to attach the fabric.
Some even use straight pins.

I have been using scroll frames for years. I hand sew a running stitch to attach the fabric
and have never had a problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-6 07:01
| Show all posts
The other option would be thumbtacks.  If you check stitching sites some of them have tools to place the tacks and remove them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-6 10:18
| Show all posts

I do the same as sallyrose.  An easy and quick straight stitch at the edge of your fabric onto the white material on the frame.  Depends on type/size of fabric but usually 3 or 4 strands of floss is enough to hold down the fabric to the frame.  

I also use the velcro set up which is much faster to begin, but I never noticed much difference that it holds any better.  Velcro is very useful if you are doing several different projects at the same time and need to keep switching them on/off the same frame (but I have collected several sizes so that a different project gets it's own scroll and I do not switch back and forth).

I really prefer frames over hoops as it keeps the material equally stretched and even.  It makes it much easier to frame when finished.

Good luck and happy stitching!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-7 01:30
| Show all posts
I don't know how many WIP's do you have. If you have more than 1 WIP then it is better to use Velcro Self Adhesives Hook & Loop Tape http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/Tap ... f_adhesive_tape.htm

You just attach the hook tape on the frames and the loop tapes on the edges of the fabric then roll it up and tight and ready to stitch. And when you want to change the project just take off the fabric and put new loop tapes on new project and go again. Much easier than sewing the fabric to the frame.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-11-7 02:35
| Show all posts
Reply 4# gladstone72

thank you very much for the tip! i found the site and daw the pruduct. it seems really good but little expensive for me.. cause i need to buy 2 products - they both will cost more then the fram i bought.. :o

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2011-11-7 02:42
| Show all posts
Just like gladstone72 said, you can use velcro to attach the fabric to the rod.

Some people use a s ...
sallyrose Post at 11-6-2011 06:25

hi, thank you for the tip! i loved the idea of runing stitch.. but what should i do if the whole project doesn't feet the frame? my work is bigger then the frame measures.. so i need to fold one part of the projects and the rol the work on the frame.. so i need use pins right?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 19:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067083 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list