| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: WiseOwl
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Question: Where do you start your stitching?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2023-2-25 05:21
| Show all posts
I like to begin in the center, there is no way my finished work is off center  that way and I find framing my work easier that way.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-12 06:26
| Show all posts
I always start from the center or from the head - depending on the pattern.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-14 08:33
| Show all posts
Depends what I am stitching. If it’s a Heaven and earth cross stitch then I start at the top left and if a kit or a pattern then I start in the middle

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-15 03:07
| Show all posts
For me it depends on the design, really. I like to start with the colors closest to the fabric color so if I have to make a float with contrasting thread it doesn't show through that easily.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-3 16:04
| Show all posts
It's an interesting thread! I prefer to start in the middle to make sure I'm not out of canvas somewhere:) But starting in the top left corner (to keep the finished stiches as clean as possible) is a great option too.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-7 00:04
| Show all posts
Yo comienzo en la parte superior en el centro y dependiendo del gráfico voy a izquierda o derecha

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-7 16:26
| Show all posts
I usually start in the middle of the pattern unless I don't feel like cutting fabric then I start top right corner

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-29 07:23
| Show all posts
It depends on the design for me also.  I also use a frame where the finished side is rolled to the inside of the frame so it is not exposed to getting soiled.  I use dowl rods to get the different widths for my patterns.  I initially bought a frame in order to get the side pieces but now I can replace the rods with the dowl rods and make a frame up to 36 inches wide in order to sew without getting creases or raised areas in my patterns from having to change the rod positioning.  I simply roll it head to toe and never have to move it from side to side

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-5-2 01:01
| Show all posts
I either start in the centre or left hand corner.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-5-12 12:32
| Show all posts
depends of the fabric, the chart and the colors

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-5 03:52 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050759 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list