Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 400|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

Difficulty in searching for The Needle’s Prayse

[Copy link]
Post time: 2022-5-26 11:54
| Show all posts |Read mode
I tried to search for “The Needle’s Prayse” patterns. I knew I had seen some on here but couldn’t find them. I finally googled a few chart names and each individual chart came up. The strange part is that they are each titled with “The Needle’s Prayse”. I eventually found they come up (all 24 hits) when I searched just “Prayse”. Is there a reason it comes up only with that one part of the name or is this a glitch in the system?

Comments

Old topic in Free talk  Post time 2022-6-24 23:29

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-5-26 20:25
| Show all posts
Do not use any other characters besides letters and numbers when searching, because it can wreck the search engine, and characters can be different depending on which language set you are using on your device. Like if you search for "Neelde's Prayse" you'll get 23 hits, but if you use "Needles Prayse" you'll get none, because you didn't use the standard apostrophe ('), but you've used a right single quotation mark (’) which is not the same character, it has a different ASCI code, so the search engine will treat it differently, and will not find any hits. To avoid this search like "Needle Prayse". The search engine doesn't differentiate in word order, and can recognize parts of words, so that missing s will not make any difference in the search result. So you can search for, let's say "pra se needle", it'll give you all the hits you're looking for and a few that has the the key phrase somewhere in the title.

Comments

KDH
Thank you so much for the clarification, BoingBoing. There’s no end to the learning I need to do on this site.  Details Reply Post time 2022-5-27 09:23
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2022-5-27 09:23
| Show all posts
BoingBoing 2022-5-26 20:25
Do not use any other characters besides letters and numbers when searching, because it can wreck the ...

Thank you so much for the clarification, BoingBoing. There’s no end to the learning I need to do on this site.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Bergman + 2 Nice tip indeed

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 18:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.093984 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list