[Knitting] Landrynka by Yellow Mleczyk - Anna Lipinska

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2022-5-28 15:36 |Read mode
1000Gold Coins
Landrynka_by_Anna_Lipinska__62_.jpg
Landrynka_by_Anna_Lipinska__129_.jpg
Landrynka_by_Anna_Lipinska__47_.jpg
Landrynka - a simple yet attractive triangular shawl that combines plain stockinetta with a delicate and very feminine lace border.
The shawl was designed to bring out the beauty of a cake yarn in a knitted shawl. Cake yarn is very popular in Poland but the majority of shawls are crocheted, so I decided to design a few knitted ones and Landrynka is the first shawl in the series.
Landrynka means boiled sweets, candy drops or hard candies in Polish and this name came to me when I started to knit this shawl. The colours were so soft and they merged from one shade to the next one so nicely that the name stayed put in my mind.
Size - the pattern is easily adjustable in size by adding more repeats to the stockinette section.
Yarn - the shawl can be done in cake yarn or in a tonal or solid colour. The point is not to choose yarn where colours change too often so as not to obsure the lace pattern.
Pictured shawl was knitted with Twirls from Cotton Kings, colour #35 Pink Dragon Agate on US 2 ½ – 3,00 mm needles. I used up the whole skein of 200g/7.05 ounces (800m / 845 yards) to obtain a big shawl that measures approx. 80 x 208cm/31 ½ x 84” blocked.
I chose this particular cake-yarn for two reasons: the yardage and the fact that it’s 100% cotton but you can choose any cake-yarn as long as it blocks well.
Level - the pattern is both written and charted, it uses basic lace stitches: yo, k2tog, ssk, s2kpo and is available for a beginner at shawls or at lace. Very logical and intuitive.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
brenhines + 4 I Love it!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2022-5-31 04:22
| Show all posts
Replies visible to author only

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-6-1 04:41
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-10 23:18
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-26 12:01
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-1 16:50
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 07:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.048904 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list