Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
View: 3020|Reply: 27
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Invisible thread for beads

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-12-28 21:54
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have tried the invisible YLI thread for adding beads to my cross stitch design, but I find it very difficult to work with.  Usually I use the same colour thread but for some beads it is more beautiful if you use the invisible one.
Do you have the same problem with the invisible thread ?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-8-10 01:27
| Show all posts
I like it because I don't have to change threads for each color of bead. What I do is cut a medium size length and I fold it in half, then tie a 3 knots at the end and pass it through at least 5 stitches on the back to secure it, then bead and when the thread is about 2 inches long I pass it through at least 5 stitches on the back to secure it and cut it right below the needle, then I make three knots with the two threads left on the back and cut whats left after the knots.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-29 13:26
| Show all posts

thank you! Knots are my every time problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-27 12:59
| Show all posts
thank you for this discussion

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:41
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-30 22:52
| Show all posts
Sorry to say that I have never tried the invisible thread.
I have always used floss to attach the beads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-31 23:36
| Show all posts
I've always used floss as well, I don't think I've seen the invisible thread (haha, no pun intended) but then we are way out in the boonies, and supplies are hard to come by.

Comments

That's a good one !  Post time 2013-5-15 08:32

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-1-2 02:34
| Show all posts
I hate the invisible YLI thread. Nowaday, I always use Nymo nilon thread.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-4 13:04
| Show all posts
What's YLI thread?

This might sound kind of cheap, but I've used monofilament fishing line for beadwork in the past. Not for cross stitch, mind you, but for couching and free embroidery. You just need very fine gauge line; the thinnest they've got will still be ridiculously strong. It's very good for couching, actually, because it's designed to go unseen when viewed from the perpendicular... ie, by the fish. ;P

Comments

Monofilaments are virtually unbreakable (unless you cut it), but i find them a bit too stiff for beading. I use the 10 lb gauge for gridding now :)  Post time 2013-5-15 08:41
That makes sense - good idea.  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-15 05:35

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-4 22:55
| Show all posts
I've never beaded, but I heard some stitchers use cotton floss of a colour that matches the fabric

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-2-5 02:50
| Show all posts
I tried all types of invisible thread but I have a hard time with it since it stretches and tangles. A thread that matches the fabric or the bead seems to worker better for me. Or try really short strands of the invisible thread, that was a bit easier.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-23 18:28
| Show all posts
I never even knew there was invisible thread, i have always just used a single strand of stranded cotton.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-25 00:11
| Show all posts
I can't use invisible thread, it stretches and tangles. I like to get a tread the same color as the fabric.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-14 12:15
| Show all posts
I use white cotton thread or bead color cotton, and sometimes short stretches of invisible thread and I do well with both, but I have a lot of very, very patience and care.
I have not tried with floss because I think it is more opaque and to remove the beads shine.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-18 19:43 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075232 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list