| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 151|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

Is AI becoming a problem in the world of patterns?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2024-4-28 18:51
| Show all posts |Read mode
Is it just me or has there been an insane amount of AI written patterns being put out alongside AI images of the "final product"?
i can't say i've seen too much in terms of wearables, at least not obvious AI, but in the amigurumi world it seems as if every other pattern is just BLATANTLY AI generated now.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-4-28 19:45
| Show all posts
It was bound to happen. Tasteless AI :(
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-28 22:52
| Show all posts
Well, unfortunately it was bound to happen, as AI is new, mostly free and easy to use. I'm sorry you've found AI patterns, I can't say I have... I've only seen an increasing amount of crochet and knitting related pages on instagram that showcase AI projects as "inspiration" (which is still a bit of bullishit as most aren't actually feasible and in my opinion lower the concept of time and creativity that goes with any artistic creation)...
Still, the future is headed in that direction, best to keep eyes open on projects that look to good to be true.
Interesting topic by the way, thanks for sharing :)

Comments

I know of someone who recreated a breathtaking 3d Disney princess bag from an AI image.. it looked stunning  Post time 2024-4-29 01:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-28 23:27
| Show all posts
Do you have am example? And do the patterns work at all?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-29 00:12
| Show all posts
I haven't seen any written patterns,  only pictures of "final product " and like you said most were amigurumi.  I have seen on Telegram  people  asking if anyone  has this gorgeous  pattern...and to be honest  it looks amazing  but as you look at it you can see that ain't it.  It looks to perfect, way way bright colours  and when you zoom in ( so called) stitches  are blurry.
As said above if it looks to good to be true  its fake.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-29 01:56
| Show all posts
Edited by Picxie at 2024-4-28 17:57

Personally, I find AI fascinating… I asked one to create a pattern and the result was hilarious. But I think it all depends how we approach AI, if we see the possibilities and embrace the opportunities, it can be something positive and enriching, if we view it as something negative and are „scared“ of it.. it won’t be as useful. I remember back in the day, people suggested pcs and the internet are „bad“ and predicted the end of times.. none of that happened and look how integral to our every day lives technology has become. Are there downsides? Ofc , anything and everything has a downside, but on the whole, if used correctly, I can see AI being a huge help to us.
As for patterns, there are only so many ways you can combine stitches to make any shape, what makes them unique is each designer‘s finishing touches.. so I can see Ali coming up with a basic bear or doll pattern, but it won’t (currently) be able to give those depth and character

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-30 06:01
| Show all posts
i've seen so many images of ai generated products of real patterns, but the actual results of the pattern will look nothing like the images

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-30 19:06
| Show all posts
Yeah it def is, the numbers of AI paterns i saw  on pinterest is becoming a real problem, not even talking about the fact that it's not written anywhere that the image is AI. It's horrible and i can only imagine how bad it is on Etsy.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-13 15:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058312 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list