Forgot password?
 Register
View: 119|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

The Shruggie Guide by Beau Meadow in English

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2024-5-16 19:16 |Read mode
Materials Choosing materials is highly dependent on the final effect you want to achieve. I will be offering potential combos, but of course, feel free to choose your own!
For the bolero-style shrugs, I use mohair and wool. For the cropped-type shrugs, I use a mix of mohair, slubby wool, alpaca tweed, and sometimes other materials like bamboo or cotton held together with mohair.
I usually choose mohair that has some silk content for a softer feel. Depending on the thickness of the mohair, I will hold it double or triple. I tend to choose two or three mohairs, and one wool color, and some slubby wool for accents. You can hold your yarns together or separately to create further color combos.
Mohairs I love:
★ Farmer’s Daughter Mighty Mo (held double or triple) ★ Hedgehog Fibers Kidsilk Lace (held double or triple) ★ Fleece Artist Handmaiden Wisp Mohair (held single or with a thinner mohair) ★ Treliz Poseidon Mohair (held double or triple) ★ Periwinkle Sheep Mohair (held double or triple) ★ Drops Kid Silk (held double or triple) ★ Wool and the Gang’s Take Care Mohair (held single for accents, I usually don’t use it for more substantial parts because of the thickness) ★ A Wild Offering mohair (@awildoffering on Instagram--this one is special because it’s all handspun and sheared by Rayna!! And you know which goat it comes from!!!) Wool I love:
★ Fleece Artist Handmaiden Slubby Wool (thick and thin) ★ Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica (thick and thin, but it’s thinner than the slubby) ★ Manos del Uruguay Wool Maxima (even) ★ Galler Yarns W .O.W . Superfine Merino (even, sometimes held double) ★ Galler Yarns Alpaca Tweed (this is alpaca, held double) ★ Wool and the Gang Feeling Good (alpaca, held single) You can find some of these at your local yarn store, or online yarn stores. I like Wool & Company, they have super fast shipping and will wind the hanks for you for free! Since I mix several materials within each shrug, even holding the mohair double will probably take less than one skein of each color/material, provided that you use 4 or so colors per shrug.

Needles and Hooks:
★ 12mm circular knitting needle (16 inch and 32 inch) ★ 6.5mm-10mm circular knitting needle (32 inch) ★ 3.5-4.5mm knitting needles (straight or long circular or DPNs, for i-cord) ★ 8mm crochet hook ★ 4.5, 5.5 or 6mm crochet hook (based on personal preference) You are welcome to use whatever size needles you want, just make sure it matches your yarn in terms of the lightness and drape you’re going for. I use relatively large needles to create an airy vibe. I also use short circulars for the sleeves, but you can also use DPNs or a longer circular using the magic loop technique. The smaller sizes of needles/hooks are for the ribbing. The smallest knitting needle size is for creating an i-cord for accents. You can also create chains with the smaller crochet hook. You can choose to use wooden or metal needles/hooks, it’s up to you!
Others:
★ Stitch markers ★ Scissors ★ Tapestry needle ★ Measuring tape
Screenshot_20240516_011439_ReadEra.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-5-16 19:17
| Show all posts
☠️ ɓuıɹɐɥs ɹoɟ sʞuɐɥ⊥ ️☠️
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-16 19:23
| Show all posts
Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-16 19:52
| Show all posts
Muito obrigada!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-16 21:08
| Show all posts
♥☆☆✿¸.•*¨`*•.☆* thank you*☆.•*¨`*•..¸✿☆☆♥

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-16 21:34
| Show all posts
▂╱▔▔╲╱▔▔▔▔╲╱▔▔╲▂
╲┈▔╲┊╭╮┈┈╭╮┊╱▔┈╱
┊▔╲╱▏┈╱▔▔╲┈▕╲╱▔┊
┊┊┊┃┈┈▏┃┃▕┈┈┃┊┊┊
┊┊┊▏╲┈╲▂▂╱┈╱▕┊┊┊

Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-17 04:59
| Show all posts
Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-17 10:02
| Show all posts
Thank you so much for sharing. ❤❤❤

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-17 12:20
| Show all posts
°•~★ Thank you ★~•°

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-17 18:43
| Show all posts
No attachment

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-6-6 08:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051684 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list