View: 328|Reply: 11
Collapse the left

Help please, just wanna be clear why this share isn\'t allowed

[Copy link]
Post time: 2024-5-26 18:17
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2024-5-26 06:48

hi there,
can someone please explain me why this thread landed in the bin?

Its said, that magz/books patterns aren't allowed.
While this project was in a magazine ages ago, this certain pdf is not a ripped off, scanned pages but  was bought as a single pattern which clearly can be seen on top of first page.
Its stated that the pattern is the property of I.weave... & that erratas & updates are included.

It's a pattern that still can be bought, the magazine in question isn' t even on this site so why is this pattern not allowed?

Just curious... Your help will be appreciated, thank you.

https://www.pindiy.com/thread-622809-1-1.html

@Turquoise

Comments

Old topic  Post time 2024-6-23 21:58

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-5-27 08:01
| Show all posts
Hi Dolalah;

First of all thank you so much for asking!!! Not always have chance for expalining like that specific rules to users !!!:D

As you know duplicate posts are deleteing in our site ...And like that single charts shared lot of times before that rule... And most of them havent date issue even magazine name .... (Before we havent knitting and crochet section but cross stitch section had lot of magazine page and patterns , We cleared all these single charts without any info on the title) We still accept if we havent that magazine on the site (very very rare situation:loveliness: because our cross stitch magazine section really good :loveliness: )

When we built the new knitting and crochet section we decide never accept like that page, single charts from magazine and books even they have issue number, date or magazine name

There is an exception for that "single chart given by magazine web site as a free pattern" and sale pattern (I guess there is 1-2 web site release like that old patterns ) but they are very obvious and sale items...

I checked your pdf file there are page numbers on the pdf file as (54,55,56 etc) it cut from magazine , It is not sale pattern or free pattern

I understand that: Right now sale it by some web sites and same pattern but your copy directly comes from magazine (Not sale item or free pattern) for this case we can not accept that file...

I am so sorry :loveliness:

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-26 18:56
| Show all posts
I had to stop sharing patterns altogether on PinDIY because there are no clear rules. Well, there are, but some of the moderators are not following them.

Members are left unhappy and confused, when we are here to have fun. Sad, really.

Comments

:)))  Post time 2024-5-27 07:27
Please read your private message.  Post time 2024-5-27 01:10
The RULES are clearly formulated just read the threads in Forum bulletin  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-26 20:38
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-26 20:36
| Show all posts
it'a part of
Interweave Crochet, Spring 2004

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +20 Collapse Reason
pitussa + 20 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-26 20:38
| Show all posts

The RULES are clearly formulated just read the threads in Forum bulletin

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +20 Collapse Reason
Turquoise + 20 Thank you very much!:)))

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-26 21:16
| Show all posts
YES, you're right, the pattern is available a
a single pattern and not a pullout from magazine
[b]This pattern is available from interweave.com for $3.25.[/b]

Comments

that's why I'm asked, greenteas. & as said, it's obvious that it isn't a tear-out. On top of the first site is the copyright & it's stated that updates & errata are included.  Details Reply Post time 2024-5-27 02:52

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2024-5-27 02:52
| Show all posts
greenteas

Login/Register to enlarge
2024-5-26 21:16

YES, you're right, the pattern is available a
a single pattern and not a pullout from magazine
This ...

that's why I'm asked, greenteas.

& as said, it's obvious that it isn't a tear-out.
On top of the first site is the copyright & it's stated that updates & errata are included.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-27 10:02
| Show all posts
I know that many patterns that are first published in a magazine are later published by themselves for individual sale. I'm not quite sure since the original mag is no longer for sale unless you go to a bidding site. why this individual pattern purchase is not allowed. I guess it is still an "individual" pattern even though later published for sale by itself....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-6-24 06:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.041172 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list