Forgot password?
 Register
Author: zone62
Collapse the left

[Finished Crafts] Egyptian stitching

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2012-6-20 04:02
| Show all posts

Thanks for the advice, can I ask you,  do you start in the center or top left? I am also thinking of trying it on 18ct for the first one as I haven't done evenweave before, and I have seen a couple of 18ct finished on here that looked fine, what do you think? Thanks :)

Comments

Hi I work on 25 count evenweave 2 threads over one, my best advice is take some thread doesn't have to be a good quality skein and some swatches of your chosen fabric, and try evenweave, you won't  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:10

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 04:10
| Show all posts
zone62 replied at 2012-6-19 20:02
Thanks for the advice, can I ask you,  do you start in the center or top left? I am also thinking  ...

Hi

I work on 25 count evenweave 2 threads over one, my best advice is take some thread doesn't have to be a good quality skein and some swatches of your chosen fabric, and try evenweave, you won't look back. Stitch maybe 4 x 10 by 10 squares in a large square and see what affect you like best. Try using one thread over one or two over one etc or stitch a small card design on evenweave and get a feel for the fabric. If you do use a larger count fabric than the instructions, use a fabric calculator to make sure you use plenty of fabric. I start in the bottom left corner and work upwards and out using cross country style stitching. Hope this all helps :)

Comments

Thanks for the advice, we're off to Corfu in 4 weeks time, I may take a bit of evenweave to give a try when I am out on the balcony early morning, I won't find a more peaceful and relaxing time than  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:34
I have seen advice to start in the middle or the top left (or right if you are left handed) but you are unique in my experience of starting from the bottom. What is country style by the way? If I sta  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 04:33
| Show all posts
Edited by Spookytooth at 2012-6-20 04:34
stitchkittykatt replied at 2012-6-20 04:10
Hi

I work on 25 count evenweave 2 threads over one, my best advice is take some thread doesn't ha ...

I have seen advice to start in the middle or the top left (or right if you are left handed) but you are unique in my experience of starting from the bottom.  What is country style by the way?
If I started from the bottom I would be concerned with catching or rubbing my already completed work when moving upwards.  Just my own thoughts, you understand.  When I work from top to bottom my completed sections are left undisturbed,  It's very interesting to find what other stitchers prefer.  Happy stitching!

Comments

hi spookytooth cross country is following one colour over several 10 x 10 square than finish off and start another colour to complete the square. and I never catch my work, as a work on a long but no  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 05:24

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-6-20 04:34
| Show all posts
stitchkittykatt replied at 2012-6-20 04:10
Hi

I work on 25 count evenweave 2 threads over one, my best advice is take some thread doesn't ha ...

Thanks for the advice, we're off to Corfu in 4 weeks time, I may take a bit of evenweave to give a try when I am out on the balcony early morning, I won't find a more peaceful and relaxing time than that!!  Although the local red wine may impair my progress ;P

Comments

Well watch the red wine and enjoy your trial stitching, you may be like us evenweave converts and not go back to aida. If I do kits now I always swap aida out  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 05:26
ARGGH. From a bad experience with red wine and my stitching (involving a curious cat) my advice is DON'T combine the two - same goes with your morning coffee.  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:36

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 04:36
| Show all posts
zone62 replied at 2012-6-20 04:34
Thanks for the advice, we're off to Corfu in 4 weeks time, I may take a bit of evenweave to give a ...

ARGGH.  From a bad experience with red wine and my stitching (involving a curious cat)  my advice is DON'T combine the two - same goes with your morning coffee.

Comments

Ha Ha Spookytooth, I'll heed the advice, lots of cats in Greece  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:39

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-6-20 04:39
| Show all posts
Spookytooth replied at 2012-6-20 04:36
ARGGH.  From a bad experience with red wine and my stitching (involving a curious cat)  my advice  ...

Ha Ha Spookytooth, I'll heed the advice, lots of cats in Greece ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 04:40
| Show all posts
great work

Comments

Thanks for the comment  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 04:41

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-6-20 04:41
| Show all posts

Thanks for the comment :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 05:11
| Show all posts
Bonitos trabajos

Comments

Gracias, eso es muy bonito  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 08:13

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-20 05:24
| Show all posts
Spookytooth replied at 2012-6-19 20:33
I have seen advice to start in the middle or the top left (or right if you are left handed) but you ...

hi spookytooth

cross country is following one colour over several 10 x 10 square than finish off and start another colour to complete the square. and I never catch my work, as a work on a long but not very wide scroll frame and just make sure I scroll up often :)

Your right it is very different how others stitch ;P

Comments

Right, I now now that I work cross country, but top to bottom. The top to bottom is for HAE designs. Otherwise, I start in the middle and go cross country in a direction that seems logical to me. Th  Details Reply Post time 2012-6-20 23:21

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 15:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.109322 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list