Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: lishe
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Transporting WIPs?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-8-17 09:39
| Show all posts
I drag projects with me everywhere. Sometimes, I even take them out of the bag and work on them!;P

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-25 19:19
| Show all posts
Zip bag for me! Always works!

Login/Register to enlarge

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-27 21:16
| Show all posts
I carry it with me in a ziplock bag and take it everywhere. Even through the scanners at the airport. I explain what it is and show them it they say "ohh, pretty" (even the guys say this) and off I go. I only have the one needle which is on thread so maybe that's why I never had a problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 07:29
| Show all posts
When travelling, I take a project box, floss organiser and the cloth. Wrap them up lengthwise in a small quilt or cloth mat(new bought) then bring it along in a large handbag. When sewing, lay the small mat on your lap. Attach your needles in the mat when not using.  When closing up, just rewrap everything in the mat and put in handbag.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-13 16:00
| Show all posts
When I am on the go, I take knitting instead of stitching since there's only a ball of yarn and the needles I'm working on stead off a hoop, small needle, many colors, etc. Also, I can knit most basic stuff without even looking at what I am doing, so I don't have to wrry about not having enough light. I can't stitch without my bright bright light!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 23:59
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-15 03:52
| Show all posts
I do travel with projects. I have a variety of flat zipper bags that can hold everything: the hoop and the fabric, all the threads on bobbins or an organizer in a zip lock bag, a small flat tin with a magnet inside that holds tiny scissors, spare needles, and a needle threader. When I stitch on a larger piece of fabric (think canvas shopper bags) I put the project into a large-ish cosmetic bag and the stuff that goes with it stays in the cosmetic bag's inside pockets.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 17:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.040136 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list