| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: XStitchDoc
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How are you saving $ on your hobby?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-4-7 22:26
| Show all posts
I grow only vegetables. I choose healthy foods and saving the budget. and more DIY

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 15:21
| Show all posts
Living in Vietnam really limits my option for fancy things so I make my own thread cards, sorters, or substitute necessary items with cheaper version from stationary shops.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-6 21:38
| Show all posts
Great idea's. I guess other then looking on EBAY for fabric and keeping an eye on sales. That is where I save.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-25 03:24
| Show all posts
Thrift stores can be a great resource for stitching supplies.  I found a great kit once and a plastic container with over 50 bobbins of floss for $6.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-26 05:11
| Show all posts
You can sometimes get good deals on Etsy, but you have to take the time.  Living in the wilds of Canada, online is the way to go too.  US sites are way cheaper, even when you add in the postage.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-15 04:45
| Show all posts
Mainly EBAY. What is crazy is that you can easily found 100 DMC floss for ~40  or 45 dollars which means 0.40 or 0.45 each floss. DMC is french and in france one floss is around 1 dollar if it is not even more...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-25 19:01
| Show all posts
I make my own floss winders using cardboard from the cereal boxes we use, we keep our eyes out in sales for bed linen that is highly reduced for fabric too x

Comments

i made my own floss bobbins too from some cardstock tht I had printed with a bunch of stuff that I don't need any more! Works really well and it is made from paper that I would otherwise had thrown aw  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-26 09:08

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-26 09:08
| Show all posts
nudkks replied at 2013-9-25 19:01
I make my own floss winders using cardboard from the cereal boxes we use, we keep our eyes out in sa ...

i made my own floss bobbins too from some cardstock tht I had printed with a bunch of stuff that I don't need any more! Works really well and it is made from paper that I would otherwise had thrown away.

Comments

best way -and it's good for the environment. x  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-29 04:51
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-28 09:40
| Show all posts
Cross stitch supplies are getting so hard to find, there's almost nothing in Michaels or the other stores, so I've been buying online. I just got some great fabric on ebay that would have been really expensive in the store if they even had it. It's also easy to compare prices online and get the best deal. Although I may actually spend more, I just keep seeing stuff that "I might need some day".

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-28 19:24
| Show all posts
whwn i am i tyrkey i bring some yarn with me home

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 13:18 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054068 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list