| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: amanda
Collapse the left

[Typical Courses] Experience Share-- How To Choose Your First Cross Stitch Supplies

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-8-14 03:28
| Show all posts
Thank you all for the tips and tricks.  I am going to attempt my first cross stitch in about one months time.  Just busy finishing off 3 afghans before I start a new project.

I have been reading, looking on line, browsing patterns and generally absorbing as much as I can.  What I have discovered so far is:
1. I like 22 count Aida off white.  White is quite glaring to my eye.
2. I do like HAED designs and cant wait to try one.  I know as a beginner that I would be foolish to attempt it.
3. I would like to work from an enlarged printed pattern
4. I can do the crosses, either individually or as a line and can work back.  Can also do half and quarter stitches,
couching.  Parking is not for me...lol.  

What I still have to learn:
1. Needle size for 22 count and is using on strand of floss adequate
2. I have the program for . xsd files.  I have read that you can change colors using it.  Any other advantages or
is it better to download Scanned cross stitch?
3. Still trying to figure out the info the downloads.  I think I have got it but it's the 14h 17w that I am still trying figure.
I assume that it's the finished size, in inches, height and width.  As I use metric measure it's a tad confusing!  And how
does it affect the finished size if I change 14 count as pattern suggests to 22 count?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-23 09:18
| Show all posts
Thank you for this! I decided to start stitching again and purchased a kit on eBay that included 2 projects, with 4 additional patterns in the book. So I have my first two projects sorted - even if one of them isn't exactly my style - it's all about learning right now for me :)  

At the moment, I'll be using a 24 size needle as it's what came with the kit. Aida 14 also came with the kit, it will have two pieces (one for each project). I'm looking into getting a few different sized needles as well as a few different sized hoops. The kit came with a 6" (I believe, may be 5") plastic hoop (I don't have it in front of me to look).

Things I need to learn - how to stitch everything outside of whole stitches and back stitches (Lol).
I also think it'll be easier for me to use fabric that has the print already on it or how to easily add it myself (if needed).

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-1 23:05
| Show all posts
Я тоже думаю, что начинать нужно с чего то небольшого и базового.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-14 18:46
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:31
| Show all posts
Thanks you very much for the sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-19 02:24
| Show all posts
Спасибо!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-3-18 15:12
| Show all posts
HANKS FOR YOUR SHARING!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-8-24 10:56
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-11-18 08:12
| Show all posts
Thank yoh this is great

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-12-12 20:08
| Show all posts
Gracias por la información

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 16:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069333 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list