Forgot password?
 Register
Author: lzper
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How to stitch faster?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-10-10 11:50
| Show all posts

I have similar experience with yours.  My first thought with linen was "where are the holes ?!" However, you just need to put your needle through the 'over' thread, start a few rows of practise crosses, and you will be ok !

I jumped from aida (good ol' aida) to linen - on hindsight, I should have made a more gradual transition from aida to evenweave and then to linen.  Reason being evenweave as its name says, has threads that are evenly woven.  Linen threads tend to be not so even as in there are fatter threads than the rest.

The post below is helpful, from stitchgal, if I am not mistaken.
http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... highlight=evenweave

Give evenweave a try - say 28 count (which corresponds to aida 14, when stitched over 2 threads).

Cheers,p

Comments

O, thanks for rating this - didn't realize it till I hit the reply button. Thanks ! cheers, p  Details Reply Post time 2012-10-11 08:27
Thanks ! Have no fear, all in good time when you want to cheers, p  Details Reply Post time 2012-10-11 08:25
Thank you! I'll add that to my favorites and read it if/when I'm ready to make the jump!  Details Reply Post time 2012-10-10 20:24

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
dazed118 + 2 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-10 14:26
| Show all posts
yo tambien quisiera hacer muchas labores , pero he descubierto que sin las hago con calma y al final del dia les saco fotos con el movil , veo mejor los avances, no me extreso por terminar y el resultado siempre es delicioso , tanto por la labor como por el efecto relajante que tiene.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-10 20:24
| Show all posts
porcini replied at 2012-10-9 22:50
I have similar experience with yours.  My first thought with linen was "where are the holes ?!" Ho ...

Thank you! I'll add that to my favorites and read it if/when I'm ready to make the jump!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-11 08:25
| Show all posts
porcini replied at 2012-10-10 11:50
I have similar experience with yours.  My first thought with linen was "where are the holes ?!" Ho ...

Thanks ! Have no fear, all in good time when you want to :) cheers, p

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-11 08:27
| Show all posts
porcini replied at 2012-10-10 11:50

O, thanks for rating this - didn't realize it till I hit the reply button.  Thanks ! cheers, p

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-12 00:59
| Show all posts
Lo importante no es la cantidad, es la calidad.... :D:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-15 21:13
| Show all posts
I take my time when stitching and enjoy seeing the picture develop :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-20 18:31
| Show all posts
I tried to keep the bigest part at the end because I don't need to count

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-24 03:53
| Show all posts
Sorry, my english is really bad, but I thing, you will understand.
1. Big picture on background in my computer, so I can see it every time (I am all day with my computer). Seeing nice colours on picture, it is my motivation.
2. I have paper copy of pattern and I am deleting every single finished stitch (using fat black marker).
3. I am making photo everyday after stitching (every morning next day...). I give it in file in computer and look on it every day, when I have bad mood. I can see progress (improvement).
4. Every friday we share photos with 4 my friends on skype, we motivate each other.

I know, that good mood is everything for me. It is not good try stitching in bad mood, I make mistake, I am slow, work is not nice.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-24 11:12
| Show all posts
:o I was wonder like you years ago.. then I realise if every day I seat and stitch few xx I'll be ready quickly. After I start doing that I saw myself stitching more fast and then I find my method easier and apply it :
1. Big or small patterns - all ways stitch one colour each time, but for the big patterns I used more then one needle with threads;
2.Embroidery first one size of the cross until finished the line (or horizontal or vertical) and then back. I usually start to do the right stitch (/////) and back stitching the left part of the stitch (\\\\) when the thread stay on top of the right. This method make the embroidery looks amazing and all points will be at the same direction.TIP: I use one needle or pin on top the work showing me with direction I start. Ex: if I start first to right to left then the pin on top will be in right position. When I start new colour anywhere on the pattern I'll know the right size of the cross HAVE TO be right first and then left. \\\\\ after /////  or ///// after \\\\\.
This speed my work to stitch BUT to speed more....:lol :lol
Transfer your work from the pattern to the fabric using Crayola Washable colour
1. Select you pattern;
2. Make marks on your fabric 10x10 squares;
3. Using colours crayons washable make points on the fabric where you have to stitch. Ex: on the pattern show you to embroidery 5 cross in red and 5 cross in blue, using colour red crayon where you go embroidery on the fabric you make 5 marks in red and in blue using blue crayon make 5 marks.
4. Colouring your fabric more possible. It take time at first but late speed your work a lot.
5.Stitch on top the crayons marks using the thread correctly.
NOTE: sometime you haven't the exactly crayon colour to match with the pattern thread, then I embroidery all colours I have and then I start again using the colours crayons I have matching with the number of thread. Ex: I already used the red colour and embroidery that (done) and I haven't green on my crayons. I mark on the fabric all points I need to embroidery on green thread using the red crayon. Stitch now with the green thread all marks in red. Easy :P
GREAT WORK!!! This two technic or methods make my speed so fast when I realised I started one project and the next day I finished (258 points) but used only 1 or 2 hours each day!!!:loveliness:
That will work in practice!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 17:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073669 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list