| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: icecreamcake
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Can Grids on Fabric = faster?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-5-6 07:30
| Show all posts
I always grid my work unless it is a very simple one. The reason for this is that as I grid I can check it easily to make sure that each grid is 10x10. Then when working on the pattern I can use the grid as a guide, so instead of counting 4 stitces to the left and 23 down, I find the closest corner to the stitch and count ust from there.

The one thing I always do after gridding each line is check at the top and the bottom to mak sure it is 10 stitches apart. If it isn't then my gridding is crooked and I have to check it again.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-6 07:33
| Show all posts
I don't know if it would speed your stitching up. I can stitch faster with grids but that is maybe only because I spend less time unpicking mistakes!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-6 21:32
| Show all posts
A lot of interest tips for making grid lines. Thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-11 08:23
| Show all posts
i will have to try those pens. thanks!! Gridding i think takes away from frogging. it makes it way easier to find your place in the chart and to skip around. i do it and it makes everything so much easier and it feels like i am going faster. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-12 15:20
| Show all posts
Hi, I used to grid my aida before I started work. It helps a lot. Since the aida with preprinted grids came out, I switched to that. If you are wondering whether you should prepare your work with grids or now; skip it if you are doing very small pieces like 3 in to 5 in. If not, do the grid, it will help you to sew along happily without wondering whether you missed a stitch and need to recount again.
Bye recount, hello grid.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-2 06:10
| Show all posts
I'm a recent convert to using grids.  One thing though, make sure you use a thread that can't be split by a needle.  I've learned this the hard way when I used a lovely bright green fishing line in a HUGE project, and am regretting it every time I come across the grid in the pattern.  I mistakenly bought a woven (rather than a monofilament) line, and spent hours gridding the entire monstrous piece of fabric, and am now considering whether it's worth the time to re-grid the whole :Q thing.  I'm waiting for the delivery of some red colored monofilament line as we speak....  I also discovered that 6 - 8 lb test fishing line is the best size.  Live and learn!

Comments

I learned about using thread too >.> the hard way! My needles kept poking between them! Also, it's really time consuming with the counting of the grids...so I splurged and bought the pre grid cloth th  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-2 06:54

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-2 06:54
| Show all posts

I learned about using thread too >.> the hard way! My needles kept poking between them! Also, it's really time consuming with the counting of the grids...so I splurged and bought the pre grid cloth that washes away with warm water >.> I will be testing it out on my next project :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:49
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-5 11:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056628 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list