Forgot password?
 Register
Author: icecreamcake
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Patterns with lots of colour changes

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-4-7 22:20
| Show all posts
I work on small parts and wire finish and color. I tried to leave the thread hanging to get back to the color model and I tangled. I prefer to finish the thread ...

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 22:50
| Show all posts
Great advice never thought of using more then one needle.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-26 08:57
| Show all posts
Great help.
Thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-26 18:05
| Show all posts
The Pako organizer is great, i use it too:):):)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 14:44
| Show all posts
I really like some methods you put up here. I usually try to find another spot and finish my thread before moving to the next color. Thanks a lot for sharing your tips.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 14:45
| Show all posts
Golden Kite patterns usually have 200 hundred colors. It would be a lot of hanging threads :D

Comments

If you work in sectins there are only threads hanging from that area. But it is easy to keep track of - I just park the threads, and when I move to another area, I twist the threads that are not being  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-6 07:45

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-6 07:45
| Show all posts

If you work in sectins there are only threads hanging from that area. But it is easy to keep track of - I just park the threads, and when I move to another area, I twist the threads that are not being used together and leave it that way. Before using a thread that is already parked, I just 'comb' all the threads with my fingers so they are nice an neat and easy to separate so I can take the thread I want without tangling.

Comments

Thank you for explaining further. I really learn a lot from this forum.  Details Reply Post time 2013-5-6 09:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-6 09:10
| Show all posts
tcca replied at 2013-5-6 07:45
If you work in sectins there are only threads hanging from that area. But it is easy to keep track ...

Thank you for explaining further. I really learn a lot from this forum.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-9 10:13
| Show all posts
scotchnsoda replied at 2013-2-16 08:49
I have a PAKO needle/thread organizer for large projects, where all the needles are threaded with a  ...

I looked into the PAKO and I will get one of those. Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-9 13:35
| Show all posts
lyra replied at 2013-2-18 01:22
I generally use only one colour at a time, stopping and starting.  I've tried the "parking" method b ...

Ah yeah I am the same :) I've tried the "parking" method too but it also drives me crazy! I guess it does take time to do it the "start and stop" type of way but as several ppl in this thread have said I too find it the most comfortable for me. I haven't tried a large piece yet only done small and medium. Will be fun to see what I will do in a large pattern. The idea of using 3 needles as someone said in the coming three colors I do find as a good solution, I think I will try that.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 05:18 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068824 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list